seamusSU

CZ-75 vs Beretta 92

So I never realized that I have a short thumb until I started shooting. The point to that intro is to ask which 9mm would be better for someone with an apparently short thumb? I can reach the slide release on the Beretta 92FS but can't on a few others I've tried (M&P). I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a CZ75 so I figured I would pose the question to all of you.

Don't worry about the slide release that much. Not only can it be operated with your other hand, but a lot of people don't even worry about it at all and slingshot the slide. A bunch of the shooting schools actually insist on that being the right answer anyway. Its location should be the last thing you worry about when selecting a handgun.

I only use that lever as a slide lock. My M&Ps close by themselves when I seat the magazine or I sling-shot the slide. I had a chance to hold them both side by side and they both feel good. CZ gets a lot of love on the Internet but no so much in real life. A lot of shops don't stock them.

I wouldn't even consider it myself.

I use my weak hand thumb to close the slide after reload on slide lock. I'm sure others will probably disagree, however, that's how I was trained by a heavy duty gun guy with a lot of vickers experience. It felt odd at first but now it's second nature.

Both fairly large 15rd 9mm pistols. Check out the Beretta PX4 Compact 15rd 9mm. Smaller, lighter, better ergo's, with the same or less recoil.

I think most CZ 75 owners would have to argue with the "better ergo's" part of your statement. The PX4 is also in a whole different category, being a smaller,lighter gun the recoil is not the same or less than either of the other guns, at least not in 9mm which is what I fired.