bhunted

Fellow Bikers and Patriots

Fellow Bikers and 2A Supporters....

I've been tossing this idea around for awhile and wasn't sure exactly how to go about it and if I did, would it be worth the trouble.

I thought about the idea of a 2nd Amendment Motorcycle Club... I thought maybe starting one from the ground up, but it's a heavy task. But I did find a club in the mid-west that have already started one and only has 2 chapters...

So my thoughts and questions to you biker bros....

1) Would you be interested in something like this?

2) If so, would you be willing to partake in the club as an officer or just member?

3) This would not be a 1% club or any form of illegal out-law club. Strictly family oriented and completely legal.

4) We'd have our own colors/rocker...

5) We'd accept any motorcycle over 500cc...

What gave me this idea as some of you may know and not know, I'm one of the early Patriot Guard Riders, (PGR)... a group that was developed to support our military and families. (Go to patriotguard.org for details if you are interested)..

The PGR's mission as to what this new club's mission would be. Except we'd be taking and supporting a Pro-Gun attitude that supports all facets of the 2A....

To understand things a little better. One thing the PGR does is form flag lines between protesters and funerals. We've have groups I won't mention that enjoys protesting at fallen soldiers funerals with out right BS... Saying they are glad they died etc... I don't want this thread to turn into anything relating to the PGR. I'm using the PGR as an example of what I'm going to say next.

The new MC would be similar. We can ride with flags in hand and on bike to rallies, protests, etc... Form lines of flags depicting the USA and the 2A... A good example would be the recent support of 2A members outside local political offices where anti-gun folk showed up to protest against the 2A and we showed up in force, PEACEFULLY and showed our support. Protesters chanting their BS would be handled the same way we do it at the PGR, rev our engines and drown them out. All this can be done without speaking a word.

OK, so you get the gist of it....

If this all sounds plausible, let me know what you think. I would hope the founders of the NJGF would support this idea and be one of our sponsors in some way along with Frank and the 2AS...

I have an established club in mind and all I'd have to do is contact them requesting information to start our own chapter. In fact, if this pans out, I'd like to have 2 NJ Chapters... one in North Jersey and one in South Jersey. Each chapter would have their own officers and such...

Appreciate it, but that would be part of it. Would be required by the charter, I'm sure...

I would be in and would be happy to help, but I wont wear colors or rockers, not my thing.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

John - I didn't read your whole post. But here's the poop! It's nothing to put a club together. Just do it as a Yahoo Meet-up group.

My wife has one and it's pretty effortless except for planning routes for rides but there's great software for that, that down loads right to your GPS.

Rockers are lame.

I ride sweep for her most times and we ride every other Sunday all summer. Why don't you come along one Sunday and try it out. I don't think she'll even charge you the $12/yr. Yep that's what it costs and that pays for the site.

Any help I can give you...Just ask.

OS

Edit: Read your entire post. Way too formal for me. Officers? Charter? Oh please....

You're still welcome to take a ride with us.

Hi Frank,

I'm open minded and open to all ideas... Sounds like another idea.... Let's see what everyone's input is....

As for your ride..... Riding season is almost here... We shall see... What site you have for hers?

John - I didn't read your whole post. But here's the poop! It's nothing to put a club together. Just do it as a Yahoo Meet-up group.

My wife has one and it's pretty effortless except for planning routes for rides but there's great software for that, that down loads right to your GPS.

Rockers are lame.

I ride sweep for her most times and we ride every other Sunday all summer. Why don't you come along one Sunday and try it out. I don't think she'll even charge you the $12/yr. Yep that's what it costs and that pays for the site.

Any help I can give you...Just ask.

OS

Edit: Read your entire post. Way too formal for me. Officers? Oh please....

You're still welcome to take a ride with us.

Typos courtesy Apple...

3) This would not be a 1% club or any form of illegal out-law club. Strictly family oriented and completely legal.

4) We'd have our own colors/rocker...

Those two sentences can get you some "attention" you may not want.

PM me your email and I forward a piece for you to read.

If you are referring to 'rockers'.... Let me rephrase it... A 'rocker'.... No lower...

That better? :)

Those two sentences can get you some "attention" you may not want.

PM me your email and I forward a piece for you to read.

Typos courtesy Apple...

If you are referring to 'rockers'.... Let me rephrase it... A 'rocker'.... No lower...

That better? :)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Rockers are the patches worn above and below the center patch. Denoting club name and territory.

If you want to be a "Riding Club" instead of an MC, just go with a simple Center patch NO rockers at all.

That better?

"2 piece" gets less attention, so does calling it a "group". Exactly the reason the Harley thing is called the Harley Owners "Group" and the patch is only two pieces with no location rocker on the bottom.

The small "MC" patch some groups/clubs use can bring unwanted attention as well.

BTW, also a PGR member, since 2005, member #850

Wow, ya snuck in just before me....

Guys.... I assure you. I'm familiar with the rules of colors... My best friend was a 1%er before he recently passed away. But all in all, while I may have used the wrong verbiage, this is just an idea... Nothing written in stone... One patch, no patch, just flags... No matter.

I'm trying to get a feel for the actual participation of the concept. In other words... A group that can unite for the cause... as mentioned... This is not to say, we can't have family functions, charity runs, etc....

So lets do this.... Frank had another idea as he stated above. What other ideas can we come up with? If you'd like this to be more than just 2A rallies, you have to expand with more ideas. Without some sort of cohesion and organization, this cannot work.

We either find ways to assemble for these types of functions as an organized group or it will be worthless. Groups like PGR, HOG, etc... Work because they congregate when need be as a whole. My HOG Chapter is no different. You can't say, lets all meet at Dunkin Donuts at 0800 and head down to the state house. There is more to it.

Porthole can vouch for what it takes. Depending on size, communication with leo at the rally point and along hey way if it's a large group, etc...

So again, say you all. Ideas... Lets hear 'em... Do you think something like this could be worth it or no?

"2 piece" gets less attention, so does calling it a "group". Exactly the reason the Harley thing is called the Harley Owners "Group" and the patch is only two pieces with no location rocker on the bottom.

The small "MC" patch some groups/clubs use can bring unwanted attention as well.

BTW, also a PGR member, since 2005, member #850

Typos courtesy Apple...

In my orig post.... -Any- bike over 500cc.... :) no attitudes... Just uniting for a cause... Or for fun or whatever...

I would love to show my support any way I could.

I ride with a few pro-2A guys that would show their support also.

I'm curious if us being on sportbikes would fit in though.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Wow, ya snuck in just before me....

Guys.... I assure you. I'm familiar with the rules of colors... My best friend was a 1%er before he recently passed away. But all in all, while I may have used the wrong verbiage, this is just an idea... Nothing written in stone... One patch, no patch, just flags... No matter.

I'm trying to get a feel for the actual participation of the concept. In other words... A group that can unite for the cause... as mentioned... This is not to say, we can't have family functions, charity runs, etc....

So lets do this.... Frank had another idea as he stated above. What other ideas can we come up with? If you'd like this to be more than just 2A rallies, you have to expand with more ideas. Without some sort of cohesion and organization, this cannot work.

We either find ways to assemble for these types of functions as an organized group or it will be worthless. Groups like PGR, HOG, etc... Work because they congregate when need be as a whole. My HOG Chapter is no different. You can't say, lets all meet at Dunkin Donuts at 0800 and head down to the state house. There is more to it.

Porthole can vouch for what it takes. Depending on size, communication with leo at the rally point and along hey way if it's a large group, etc...

So again, say you all. Ideas... Lets hear 'em... Do you think something like this could be worth it or no?

Typos courtesy Apple...

We do this all the time with a predetermined route a leader and a sweep.

In my orig post.... -Any- bike over 500cc.... :) no attitudes... Just uniting for a cause... Or for fun or whatever...

Typos courtesy Apple...

No attitudes :)

I would ride with my step dad and his club for short runs around town.

Granted everyone knew me and my stepdad held some power, I always got welcomed with open arms. I wasn't able to go on runs though.

Instead of certain colors, why not stick with Stars and Stripes?

Any idea on a name?

What about a meeting spot mutual to both northern and southerners.

Frank... A sweep? Guess I'm not old enough for that term lol.. ;) You mean road captains or an actual broom attached to the back of the last bike to cover your tracks?

But we are not talking about meeting at Dunkin Donuts to eat and ride through the mountains. We may be talking about parking 30, 40, 50+ bikes directly in front of a senator's office or something...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Frank... A sweep? Guess I'm not old enough for that term lol.. ;) You mean road captains or an actual broom attached to the back of the last bike to cover your tracks?

But we are not talking about meeting at Dunkin Donuts to eat and ride through the mountains. We may be talking about parking 30, 40, 50+ bikes directly in front of a senator's office or something...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sweep is the last bike that pushes everybody and monitors from the back and runs up to stop traffic etc.

If you go 12 people I'd be surprised. I've had 20 and that was whipping the snake by the tail.

I knew what ya meant Frank..just goofing on ya. But I like my idea with the broom better.

In any event, we call them road captains... Lol...

If we only got 12, then this is moot. That is why this is only an idea... Nothing in stone.

Our group usually has nothing less than 40 on Saturdays... We have 3 or more captains for that...

But I tell you this... You tell someone you get to park your bike right in front and hold a patriotic flag line, you watch who shows....

Sweep is the last bike that pushes everybody and monitors from the back and runs up to stop traffic etc.

If you go 12 people I'd be surprised. I've had 20 and that was whipping the snake by the tail.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm down if you guys don't mind crotch rockets, lol. No issues with colors or rockers as long as they don't piss off the wrong people.... got enough problems on the road... Starting a club/group is actually difficult, you always get a few dedicated individuals and they more or less will determine the success of the group.. Not many people are dedicated bikers, weekend warriors if even that. This could actually be a great idea, nothing better then bikes and guns i say!

Since your asking for input ..........

Personally, I already belong to a "group" besides the PGR. That is enough for me.

But if you form a a group and do events and all are welcome - then I'm game.

That said - I am a career firefighter and we have a nation wide thing, the IAFF MG (motorcycle "group") We have a 3 piece patch, which has not really been an issue - yet.

Seems in some parts of the country fire fighters have already paid their dues and the 3 piece is no big deal. If there has been an issue it has been kept quiet.

I am the "district coordinator" (politically correct moniker) for the 1st District, which includes NJ and NY. We have hundreds of members yet I can't get more then a handful to show up for an event.

I do the large group rides occasionally, especially the runs for a good cause. But I prefer groups of 1-6 and the closer to 1 the better :wild:

You have your work cut out for you.

Thanks for the input Duane.... understood... All this is just a set of feelers... You being in the PGR, you know the impact they have as a group. A large group all sporting the same theme, is a strong sight for the Op For... This is what I visualized. It paints a helluva picture of strength... If nobody is interested in a club capacity.. no problem... Anyone can ride together now if they so choose... If there is not enough input for this, I'll just let it go. I cannot do this by myself... It will have to be a group effort...

Now that I'm back at my desk, here is the link to the group called the 2nd Amendment Motorcycle Club.... http://2amc.org/

They are new.... so don't expect much...