Sign in to follow this  
iCARRY

Got my new baby

Carried a Shield at one time and loved it but traded it in on a Colt Defender that I was also briefly in love with. I am fickle that way. There are always guns that you regret selling and the Shield is one of them. As for the safety, every semi auto I own, with one exception, has a manual safety. A safety that relies on your brain assumes that you are not capable of mental errors and commonsense tells you that it is not true. :) No one bitches about manual safeties on the beloved 1911 but when it is on a different type gun they are all of a sudden a bad thing. Never could understand that. Does not take long to get used to swiping a safety off even if you forget. Just try to find documented cases where forgetting to take a gun off safe resulted in the owner's death. You will find many more stories of a manual safety saving lives. If I find one again, I will buy it on the spot. Stupid me found one of the first ones sold before they became scarce but I had too many small 9mm guns at the time and traded it.

I'm not saying why get one and don't get get one with a safety, never said that. I was simply asking the OP why he chose it with one? Simple enough? This is not a safety issue, I was simply asking because it might snag on something, which is another thing to worry about when confronted in a situation, right?

But like I said I never handled the compact or shield, or maybe I have but don't remember. I simply love my MP40 with no safety. My personal opinion. If and when I do get a carry piece, it most likely not have a safety.

TO EACH, HIS OWN

As you can tell on my signature I love S&W and even if you carry peice is a derringer as long as its a S&W I would love it.

Great pick up by the way!

Some people are just cranky!! Relax people!

Don't think the safety will catch on anything. It is recessed pretty good.

I plan on carrying it with the safety on. There are many thoughts on safeties, but I conceal carry and the holster I have, pictured above doesn't have a thumb break on it so it is possible for it to pop out in a crazy situation.