Sign in to follow this  
bennj

Hello from Mercer County

I'm an old noob (first tv was black & white) and have never shot a handgun. You could say I'm jumping on the bandwagon since I share many of the same sentiments expressed here. I just got all the paperwork in to the local pd about 2 weeks ago, hope to hear back within the next 6 months or so. I guess the wait could work to my advantage since nothing I'm looking to purchase is available anyhow. This site has already provided a ton of information and most everybody here sounds responsible and helpful. I'm looking at a couple of ranges in the area that allow walk ons and rent guns. Until I actually hold and shoot, I'm looking at the px4, xdm and m&p, all in .40 cal. Didn't mean to ramble, but wanted to give a little background. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Welcome from another Mercerite. Whereabouts in Mercer County are you? We're planning another coffee klatsch at Starbucks on Rt 31 (Hopewell Twp). Waiting for it to warm-up a little first - watch the forums if you're interested.

If you know who Clarabell the Clown was (without Googling), we may be close in age (going by the B&W TV comment).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob,

I'm from Hamilton, and have seen Clarabell (in costume) driving around town more than a few times. No offense, but from my neck of the woods we make tomato pies. Thanks for the welcome, and will keep an eye out for the coffee klatsch.

You mean to tell me that TV wasn't always in color!?

I kid!

Greetings from a Hopewell resident here. It'd be great to see some new faces at the Starbucks meetups. Try to make it if you can. Feel free to ask questions or post answers. It's a good group of people here and we're always happy to help.

Happy shooting!

-Zack

Pizza Bob,

I'm from Hamilton, and have seen Clarabell (in costume) driving around town more than a few times. No offense, but from my neck of the woods we make tomato pies. Thanks for the welcome, and will keep an eye out for the coffee klatsch.

OK, now I'm confused. BTW - big Tomato Pie fan here - used to live around the corner from DeLorenzo's (Hudson) in the Burg. Found very similar pies in Titusville at Nutt's (Rt 29 just above the Wash Xng bridge).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey, hope to see you guys at the meet & greet at Starbucks (Rt 31 & Denow Rd in Hopewell Twp) on Monday (4/8) night. I'll be there starting around 5:30 PM. Come on out and jaw awhile.

Adios,

Pizza Bob