Phil, just tell the clowns in orange shirts you're a virgin and they will take care of you............. ;) Seriously, they will have you watch one relay before letting you out there so you know what is going-on. There will be a lot of us there, we will be glad to offer you guidance. I signed-up for a relay in all three sessions as usual. We really like to raz Elvis on here, you're safe. :)

LOL !!!..I will let them know. I signed up for the 6 to 8 slot, but now I have a feeling I will be in the slot after that. I am really looking forward to it and meeting everyone as well. Now you all know what I look like, so if you see me, please come and introduce yourselves. Im here to make some good friends, learn what I can and have a GREAT time !!!...

Hi Phil!

We probably met at the Sign-Up last Sunday. I was the guy wearing the T-Shirt with the Minuteman printed on it. I'm the League Chair for Police Pistol Combat (PPC), which runs the second Friday of every month at the Indoor Range from 6:30 pm - till?

Just as a quick heads-up, it's easy to go to the club calendar via the club's web site: www.obrpc.org to click on the newsletter & scroll to you see both the Indoor Range & Outdoor Range Calendars (there are TWO) and read about all of the fun & excitement that awaits you. When I was a Probie I also shot at all 5 appearances since shooting is better than just watching!

If there is anything we can do for you, just give us a holler! Spare mags, speed-loaders, holsters, etc. can all be loaned to you so you don't buy the wrong stuff before you know better!

Everybody here on this thread is a great resource. We all have our niches, some are "generalists", and if we don't know something we'll put you in touch with an expert to answer your question.

Again, welcome to the "Family"

Dave

you guys are really the BEST !..I didn't expect this kind of response. I do remember seeing you. I joined on the spot with my friend Jason. I look forward to all the GREAT events coming up. Thank you for all your help and I look forward to meeting you. I will be at the range this weekend for the first time and I am so looking forward to it !...Shore Shot is a pistol range, I like this club/family feeling !

Hey I'm Elvis, and i get the "raz" you need thick skin to shoot with the NJGF clowns. they start off all friendly and nice, show you how to play all proper like and you might even get invited to a BBQ, then you turn around and 6 knives enter your back and they jump on you like hyenas. Save yourself dude, meet strangers. you've been warned.

I keep hearing about this Elvis character who likes to shoot, but I have never actually witnessed it. I know I saw him at the RO class last year...

Elvis, if you want to shoot PCC on 3/29, you need to preregister on our site. That way you can be sure you get in a relay. Otherwise, if all relays fill up you will wind up shooting with us gunslingers after midnight.

This saturday is the OBRAMS beginners class / introduction clinic - It will show you the basics of most ' run and gun ' shooting, which will transfer over to USPSA and the like.

see here:

http://njgunforums.c...-march-16-2013/

I am Iggy and I run the OBRAMS Discipline ( RIMFIRE ACTION SHOOTING ) Come down on Saturday at 8:00 A.M and stay as long as you can. If necessary , we will let you “Shoot –Thru” so you can make your daughter’s soccer game.

The lecture will take about 1.5 Hours if I do not get too long winded.

At minimum you will get one observation out of the way,

Just a thought

Iggyort

PS- Alec and Nick from this forum will be assisting.

So it would be ok if I just came for the lecture ? That would count as one observation out of the way. Her game is at 11 in Middletown. If thats good, please let me know and I will do my best to make it.

Thank you

I can't speak for Iggy, but if you make it though his lecture, you should get a sign off... And work hours... And a medal... :)