jm1827

Is this normal practice for ammo sales?

Same happened to me at Cabelas this morning for 9mm order. Ordered, got confirmation, checked status at lunch - Backordered Called to find out what's up, was told that they had a 100 boxes with 300 hundred people trying to buy them at the same time. Cancelled the back order, will wait around. I seem to get lucky every couple of weeks - I guess this is not one of those.

First of all, CTD is out of business as far as I'm concerened. But, that ammo is match grade 22, so the price wasn't that bad. Some of the offerings from Lapua sell for over $20 for a box of 50. This stuff is for serious bullseye shooters with bolt acton rifles not for plinking.

I was going to say that^^^^

Nothing Eley makes is cheap, and their match grade ammo was expensive before the panic started. It's top notch stuff.

Gunbot and others show that price of .25 was in line with reality, especially if not buying quantity, and even at that price it vaporized. Everyone can say its crazy (it is) but everyone seems to still be in denial that it is the new reality. Next month manufacturers are raising ammo prices, everyone better stock up on more kleenex.

Wow. That sucks. I remember the days of picking up bricks of 22 like loaves of bread on the shelves...and that was only a few years ago! I'm not an old timer, I'm 32! Sad and scary.

we used to pick up those little Remington milk cartons of 250 .22's for like 5 or 6 bucks. could shoot all day for under 30 bucks or so, till we got tired of loading mags

Got an update email from Cabelas that said the 9mm we all ordered last week is now back-ordered with a tentative in-stock date of 4/30 (was backordered until 3/25 last week).. FFS.. im still gonna let it ride, but will be continuing to look around for decent 9mm deals

Gunbot and others show that price of .25 was in line with reality, especially if not buying quantity, and even at that price it vaporized. Everyone can say its crazy (it is) but everyone seems to still be in denial that it is the new reality. Next month manufacturers are raising ammo prices, everyone better stock up on more kleenex.

CTD originally had the ammo I ordered but once I placed the order they sent me an email saying theorder was cancelled because the supplier could not provide that ammo. I saw the same ammo later on CTD for 3x the price.

Got an update email from Cabelas that said the 9mm we all ordered last week is now back-ordered with a tentative in-stock date of 4/30 (was backordered until 3/25 last week).. FFS.. im still gonna let it ride, but will be continuing to look around for decent 9mm deals

Same here. First time ordering ammo from them. Was instock before and after I placed an order. I'm a little annoyed about receiving an email four days later that an item displayed "instock" is actually not available.