voyager9

BUIS on M&P-15 OR

I picked up an M&P-15orc from a member here and could use some advice/recommendations.

I haven't added anything to it yet but I'd like to get BUIS for it. I was looking at Troy or MI flip-up models. My concern is where I'd put the rear where it wouldn't interfere with the scope.

Here's the rifle as I bought it.

P6XNo.jpg

I think I've moved the scope forward one rail but I'm still concerned the rear unit will fit on the last rail and not interfere. The mounts for the Troy/MI rears look pretty beefy and I'm not sure if they'd bump up against the rear of the scope mount/release handle or the eye piece. This would be even when the rear BUIS is down since I'm pretty sure there would be no reason I'd want to flip up the rear sight with the scope in place.

So, my question is whether I can use a Troy, MI, or other vendors BUIS on this rifle as configured without interfering with the scope. Thoughts/recommendations appreciated.

This is an old pic of my M&P 15 ORC with Troy battle sights.

b050671c.jpg

I mounted the rear sight as far back as possible so that when closed, it's pretty much on top of the charging handle. You might have enough rail space towards the rear to fit it, but its really hard to tell if your scope sits high enough where it would clear the sight.

I'm not exactly sure what mount you have that optic on (if you could get us a measurement...) but my Troy BUIS fit under my ACOG on the stock trijicon mount.

If that mount/optic is about the same height I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

post-3803-136338465802_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of my setup. You may need either a swing away mount or quick detach, or a riser to fit the Buis underneath. My Magpul Buis (highly recommended), is mounted as far back as it can go, so you can either move your optic forward, which may adversely affect sight picture due to distance to lense, or you can raise it up. I can measure the height of my Buis if you measure the room you have.