m.gway

New Permit Holder, Looking For Reputable Dealers

I have received my permits from my local PD and I am ready to purchase my first handgun and rifle. I am looking to buy a Glock 19 and a .22 rifle (not sure of manufacturer yet) but I am unsure of which dealers have good reputations and are helpful to new enthusiasts.

I am looking into taking a beginners class at "Gun for Hire" based on recommendations in another thread here and I will also be shooting with a good friend this weekend at a local range, but it would be nice to hear more opinions from other seasoned NJ shooters. I currently reside in northern New Jersey.

Thanks.

Can't go wrong at Caso's in JC. I have sent many people there with great success. All the guys I work with now go there and have told me they won't shop anywhere else. If you go there let me know and I can help you out

go to caso first.

I think you'll also get 3.5% tax rate there.

Cant go wrong with any of those places. Ive bought guns from bullethole, casos, pk90's arms' n'ammo, and meltzers. They've all been great and I'd go back to all of them if I still had money to spend.

The only problem these days is feeding new guns with ammo.

I've dealt with Paul from Arms and Ammo and have nothing but good things to say... but he's a bit far from you.. :)

I'm relatively new as well... welcome!

I've been to Caso.. but didn't buy anything there... seem like good people as well!

Arms and Ammo is worth the trip if they have what you want. I went there one time and have not purchased anything yet but I plan to in the near future once my permits come in. Not sure which guy was Paul but both gentleman there were very nice. I felt very comfortable there and although I was obviously very new to guns and shooting they both talked to me like a friend and answered all my questions and they did not talk down to you like some other shops that I have experienced. They have there current inventory on their website which is great. Just make sure you call before you take the trip because they do sell fast.

I have ran all of my purchase requests thru this site.

I have dealt with:

Shore Shot

NJ Firearms Guild

Hunting World Guns and Ammo

Bullseye Tactical

Legend Firearms

TJ Sporting Goods

Arms and Ammo

They have all been great to deal with and I continue to deal with them all.