superbee

My Saiga 223 build..Tactical..

Heres just a quick peek....

12.5" barrel...

My SS fake can, flush agianst fsb/gb pinned...

OAL 16.5"...

AMD gas piston...( US made)

Krebs FSB/GB combo...

Samson Rail...custom fit, welded top cover coped to fit and slide over can...

Tapco G2...

Optics mount removed All holes welded, polished...

CSS billet trigger guard....

TWS top cover...

Rifle Dynamics AR stock adapter...

Magpul UBR....

Molot grip...

SLR rifleworks Billet AR PG adpter.. Havent installed yet...

Leatherwood CMR, PA RDS, havent decided yet....

No finish applied, waiting on email conformation for Difinitive Arms to send out and have there AR mag adapter installed...

45degree offset mounts (QD) with Magpul Gen 2 BUS installed....

saigaubr_zps53dcf3a2.jpg

offset2_zps26a0c959.jpg

offset1_zps4e71441b.jpg

if you were going to do all that custom work.. why not switch over to AR mags... aside from feeling some of the things were more complicated than they needed to be.. the gun looks cool...

Your first question was answered below your post...

2nd...Complicated to you may not be to me...I know your the AK hater now and the huge AR fanboy!! LOL Its all good...

Your first question was answered below your post...

2nd...Complicated to you may not be to me...I know your the AK hater now and the huge AR fanboy!! LOL Its all good...

not that the Impaler :) needs me to stick up for him but he is not a AK platform hater. he has restored and owned quite a few of the those but as any spring fling it passed and he moved onto more "exotic" :p platform...

now to my main point>> as I said many times before if anyone have any question about saiga or clones, u should go (call) to see George from Paterson Gunsmithing . he graduated from Izhmash Gunsmithing school and has ton of experience

not that the Impaler :) needs me to stick up for him but he is not a AK platform hater. he has restored and owned quite a few of the those but as any spring fling it passed and he moved onto more "exotic" :p platform...

now to my main point>> as I said many times before if anyone have any question about saiga or clones, u should go (call) to see George from Paterson Gunsmithing . he graduated from Izhmash Gunsmithing school and has ton of experience

No need to stickup for anyone...I know what he is capable of, i have seen and appreciated his work....

Exotic? I guess?? LOL

Now to the good news....Geroge is the man who did all my work!! (well barrel shortening, etc) Hes the man with the AK platform..

That's very cool!

Interested to hear how the scope mount stands up to use.

I always heard the dust cover wouldn't hold zero well.

Thats the opposite from what i have read...And i'm pretty sure i'm gonna run the PA RDS that i have,...

That CMR weighs 1lb in the mount...

looks good man! very cool.

i do have a question though, and this is more general: whats the advantage of having a short barrel if we have to permanently attach something to it to make it the legal/non-NFA 16 inches? i'm certainly not knocking anyone, i'd love to have a krink type variant some day but i just can't justify the lost muzzle velocity and accuracy if its going to be the same length. on top of that on the krinks i'd be dealing with the AKs already short sight radius being shortened some more.

just a question, cool looking rifle though :D

no no... what I am saying is... the modifications that you did are visually different.. but you could have added a rail and all that without all that additional work.. it seems like you made the gun heavier than it needed to be... not an AK hater in any way.. I still have a Saiga 12.. for carbines I moved to the AR platform due to the ability to change roles of the gun on the fly... I have nothing against AKs.. I say all the time I regret selling my AR mag equipped Saiga.. but my deal is just that I modify guns primarily on function..,.. take the Saiga 12.. the chaos rail looks badass.. but its heavy.. and clumsy.. so the route I took was far simpler and lighter..

nothing wrong with what you did.. my assumption is your primary goal was mostly to create a gun that looked a certain way...

missed the part about the AR mag adapter.. they really make mag changes fast.. like I said really miss mine..

interested to see it when its fully done..

no no... what I am saying is... the modifications that you did are visually different.. but you could have added a rail and all that without all that additional work.. it seems like you made the gun heavier than it needed to be... not an AK hater in any way.. I still have a Saiga 12.. for carbines I moved to the AR platform due to the ability to change roles of the gun on the fly... I have nothing against AKs.. I say all the time I regret selling my AR mag equipped Saiga.. but my deal is just that I modify guns primarily on function..,.. take the Saiga 12.. the chaos rail looks badass.. but its heavy.. and clumsy.. so the route I took was far simpler and lighter..

nothing wrong with what you did.. my assumption is your primary goal was mostly to create a gun that looked a certain way...

missed the part about the AR mag adapter.. they really make mag changes fast.. like I said really miss mine..

interested to see it when its fully done..

Right on...I see what you mean now...Yes its definetley a certain look i was after with this build, and i acheived my goal...As far as weight, i'm 6'5" 285lbs..(lotta gym time) .If the extra weight of a rail is gonna be a problem for me i have other issues to worry about...:)

Hopefully at some point i can have this adapter installed to finish this build...

looks good man! very cool.

i do have a question though, and this is more general: whats the advantage of having a short barrel if we have to permanently attach something to it to make it the legal/non-NFA 16 inches? i'm certainly not knocking anyone, i'd love to have a krink type variant some day but i just can't justify the lost muzzle velocity and accuracy if its going to be the same length. on top of that on the krinks i'd be dealing with the AKs already short sight radius being shortened some more.

just a question, cool looking rifle though :D

Thanks man...

As far as muzzle velocity and accuracy its a non issue on this build...this will be my 20-100yrd gun the 223/5.56 round is more then happy to work and be efficent in this setup...I have other choices for my DMR.

Also theres a cool factor on this build...I like the look of a suppressor, but we cant have...So i have the look without the benifit. Barrel 12.5", plus added length of can..Now i'm still only at 16.250"-16.500" OAL....

Its really not a krink at all...My 106UR is closer to a Krink, with the exception of the 16" barrel...

I actually increased the sight radius by adding the TWS, and moveing the rear site further to the rear...

Right on...I see what you mean now...Yes its definetley a certain look i was after with this build, and i acheived my goal...As far as weight, i'm 6'5" 285lbs..(lotta gym time) .If the extra weight of a rail is gonna be a problem for me i have other issues to worry about... :)

Hopefully at some point i can have this adapter installed to finish this build...

im 6ft 2in 230ish.. gym every other day..

while weight is not a huge issue.. I just prefer to run the gun as streamlined and as lightly as possible.. light is fast.. and fast is efficient..

at any rate it looks good.. the only thing that would make it better is if you were able to run an actual suppressor..

the only thing that would make it better is if you were able to run an actual suppressor..

Yea well thats why we all hate NJ and the communist ways... Like they say, cant complain if you dont vote...Well i cant move, so i aint complaining...I have the look, just not the function!