tony357

Wifey's new SUV..

i had one of those awhile back. find out if your truck is built with Air Shocks>? if it does'like most gmc suv's They will ROT and will not hold air 2 -3 Years) .swap them out with regular shocks and youll be happy i told you

I will check into it, in 39 months i am planning on turning it in for a new one..

Took it for a good ride yesterday, used the eco button to improve fuel milage it upshifts the transmission sooner, work very well one thing i did notice if you are going to merge into traffic say getting on the parkway it needs to be shut off as it also reduces power.

cruising down the highway it is very quiet virtually no road noise or air noise cruising 80 mph..

Not sure if it is body insulation or the tires on the vehicle that attribute to being quiet but definitely a pleasure.. Tires are firestone Destination LE think i will look them up on tire rack..

As i learn stuff about it i will post it..

looked into the tires on tire rack also found that they have been replaced by the DESTINATION LE2.

The Destination LE with UNI-T is Firestone's Highway All-Season tire developed to bring the benefits of UNI-T technology to sport utility vehicles, vans and light duty pickup trucks. It is designed to combine much of a passenger tire's quiet comfort with year-round traction, even in light snow.

On the outside, the Destination LE uses Firestone's Weathergrip tread compound enhanced with a special Long Link Carbon Black (L.L. Carbon) to boost wet traction while improving treadwear. This compound is molded into a symmetric tread design featuring independent blocks that use Firestone's 5 Degree Noise Reduction to generate noise-canceling sound waves to reduce overall tire noise. On the inside, the Destination LE features twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wrapped nylon to provide strength, uniformity and durability on top of a polyester cord body that helps cushion the ride.

All good things must come to an end, and Firestone has replaced the well-loved Destination LE with a new and improved tire, aptly called the Firestone Destination LE 2.

fs_destination_le_owl_ci2_l.jpg

Firestone Destination LE fs_destination_le2_ci2_l.jpg

Firestone Destination LE 2

How do the two tires compare? The tires are different enough that Firestone doesn't recommend mixing the two designs, so the Destination LE 2 should be installed in a set of four. Firestone has also made some notable improvements :

• Longer treadwear
  • Quieter ride
  • Better winter traction
  • Improved dry grip
  • Lower rolling resistance

The Firestone Destination LE 2 is an even better tire than the Destination LE, which was already a great tire. It's available in sizes to fit many Ford, GM and Chevy full-size pickups, as well as popular SUV and CUVs like the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge.

I've got an 2001 Envoy and that at some point will need to be replaced. I'm a little disappointed to see that this vehicle only gets 20 City....I'm averaging 16 in the Envoy. Higher mileage might have motivated me to replace it sooner. Best of luck with the new ride Tony. Looks like a very nice truck.

I've got an 2001 Envoy and that at some point will need to be replaced. I'm a little disappointed to see that this vehicle only gets 20 City....I'm averaging 16 in the Envoy. Higher mileage might have motivated me to replace it sooner. Best of luck with the new ride Tony. Looks like a very nice truck.

Thanks, if you get the FWD model it is 23 city..