Sludog

Anyone wear gloves when shooting?

When it's cold in outdoor ranges I have a pair of mechanix gloves. I don't like not feeling the trigger face with my bare fingers so I actually prefer not to wear them while shooting pistols and carbines. Bench firing rifles gloved are ok tho. Personally the best use for the gloves in the range is when handling busted up particle boards filled with sharp splinters and staples

This is going to make me sound like a b***h but whatever, here goes. My hands get cold easily, bc I have long thin fingers. I wear gloves when shooting all the time. Today I went to the range and my car said it was 45 degrees out. Is that cold? Not really. Guess what, I was shooting for 10 min and my hands were freezing, so I put my gloves on. Not thick winter gloves, but probably something similar to the mechanix gloves that keep getting mentioned. They retain enough heat that my hands don't freeze but give me enough grip/feel of the trigger that l that I don't feel like I lose control of the pistol.

To those that say that they will only train in the environment that they plan to use the pistol in i.e. my home defense pistol will only be shot bare handed, I would also ask if they only shot their pistol naked in pitch black conditions (this is likely how I would have to use mine lol).

I firmly believe in training, and I wouldn't ever put something next to me at night I wasn't fully vetted with - but shooting any gun, especially a hd gun, is better no matter how it is shot than not shooting it at all.

Just my opinion.