M0ose22

New Ruger 10/22

I got my new 10/22 last week and shot it for the first time today. I had so much fun shooting it. And it was extremely cheap. Anybody who doesn't have a 22lr rifle should def get one. I used to shoot my m16 but mostly been shooting handguns the last year and a half. What a pleasure to shoot a rifle again but with no recoil that is so cheap. Go get one and go shoot it.

i stood in line at dicks the other day for an hour b4 it opened and got a bucket of 1400 for 60 bucks. and i just bought fiocchi 330 round "canned heat" from tj sporting arms in bayville last night for 30 bucks. he had a few there but a couple other guys bought them. im sure he will get some again soon. real nice guy to deal with

10/22 was my first gun. I've probably put 10,000+ rounds through mine in the last 30 years. Mine's a little dinged and dented now but it's well used. I remember as a teenager trying to light matches with it at 50' with iron sights. I never got one to light.

Don't get into accurizing it or you'll end up losing hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars.

Seriously, I had a great time tinkering with mine. I have a Hogue stock, a bull barrel, and a Volquartsen trigger, as well as a few other mods, and it shoots great.

One nice mod is a lever magazine release, which is a lot easier to use than the factory release.

I'd get a bunch of 10 round mags, just in case Cryan has his way with us.

One nice mod is a lever magazine release, which is a lot easier to use than the factory release.

Actually, the new ones have an extended mag release from the factory. Goes to show that Ruger actually listens to their customers.