FishNHard

What were 223 prices prior ???

$340-350 out the door at oak valley show last october, that feels so long ago

it really does, i bought a 900rnd federal AE case right after the election and it was 350, i was pretty pissed paying that, but goddamn did that turn out to a good move. Really wish i ordered more. I knew it was gonna get bad, but no where near this bad.

I was getting Lake City XM193 for 30 cents per round (Case of 1000 for $300) a few months before Netown, via online shops... and 20 round boxes of Federal XM193 for $7 out the door at a local gun shop, right before the elections last Nov.

Coulda, woulda, shouda, go to gunbot to find out what it will cost to feed guns these days.

The OP was asking what they were going for before, so he can estimate what a reasonable price would be. But recently $400-500 for 500 rounds is the going rate.

Dicks sporting goods their normal price was you could get .223 Winchester for 6.99 for 20 rounds, at that time you could use coupons and membership rewards too on ammo, I ended up getting 20 rounds for about $4.50 those were the good times.

Coulda, woulda, shouda, go to gunbot to find out what it will cost to feed guns these days.

Been following ammo on gun bot to track prices. I set it at yesterdays lowest price each day and see how many alerts I get.

It seems 223 is falling in price as of today 3/19/13

The absolute lowest price I found for a case of 1000 of 55gr fmj with copper jackets and brass cases since 2008 was some overrun centurion for $199.99 per thousand (wish I had bought more, it was like federal xm193 quality components with pmc bronze velocities, and pretty damn accurate). For federal xm193, Since I started stocking up in late 2010, it was $216 per thousand. Within 2012, it was $249.99. Summer 2012, with some patience you could get $289.99. heading into october $349.99 was a decent price, $399.99 was more normal.

7-10 a box for pmc bronze and equivalents depending on where you went

Yikes, that's a lot. I bought 20-50 boxes anytime I saw the price around $5.99 or $6.49 a box, and I have a lot of boxes. PMC Bronze is on sale all the time. Although I see that I bought a lot in December for around $6.60 a box, but that included free shipping, no sales tax and 4 ammo boxes.

Cabelas had it for $5.49 several times last year.