Vlad G

Odd email from Christie

So I haven't written to the gov in a while but today I got a form letter from Christie like all the other ones except it started with:

Thank you for writing to express your support for new laws regarding gun control.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

So I reply saying something like sort your form letters because I never support new gun laws, but then mail to [email protected] bounced ...

Sigh

Form letter outta BOTH sides of his mouth?? OMG!!

It's a real shame that we're nothing but political pawns in this game Trenton is playing. If he wasn't such a SCHMUCKY RINO, he could have put an end to this needless runnin' to Trenton for every damn meeting/vote!

I wish I could just transplant the Range (OB) and all my friends from all of the various disciplines I shoot to Iowa (where my son is), the land of the FREE where a hand gun permit takes a whole DAY if yer in a hurry, otherwise 3 days to have them mail it to you!!!!!!!

What did the rest of the email say?

Here you go

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to express your support for new laws regarding gun control.

Acting on my commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, I have created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force is chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey and members who have expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, law enforcement and school safety.

Violence in our society has never been solely about firearms, and we would miss an opportunity to better prevent the roots of violence if we didn't look at the complete picture. If we are truly going to take an honest and candid assessment of violence and public safety, we have to look more deeply at the underlying causes of many acts of violence. That means removing the stigma and evaluating issues of mental health, addiction, prevention and treatment services alongside the effectiveness of our firearms laws, enforcement mechanisms and our school safety measures.

My commitment has always been to evaluate public safety, criminal policy and behavioral science with an approach that recognizes that these issues cannot be separated from one another. The SAFE Task Force will further my commitment in that regard as we look at how we can better guarantee violence control.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you again for writing.

That sounds like a form letter for the people that supports the gun laws trying to be pushed through. Not a letter stating support from Christie for these laws. Do you think he would send a letter back to them saying, You're an idiot if you think any of these laws trying to be pushed through will pass? While that would be cool, Not likely.

This is BS. A number of people have emailed me letting me know we are all being counted incorrectly as FOR new laws in NJ. I was contaced by Lautenberg as well as a few of my family members saying thank you for being in support of his bills... wtf? We all emailed them back explaining we were incorrectly counted and oppose all his bills and are FOR nation reciprocity. His quote was national reciprocity would allow gun trafficking and criminals to carry hidden weapons on our streets.

I replied, I'm not sure how you equate legal law abiding citizens ccw's with gun traffickers. AND, criminals already carry hidden weapons on our streets and will continue to no matter what laws you enact.

As usual the fix is in. We are in NJ afterall.

Sure its BS. Its just like what happened in the last election when lots of votes were counted for the 0bungler when people voted for the other guy. How can you believe anything without a paper trail.

When I called Christies office and started giving my spiel to the staffer, he stopped me and said I could keep going, but all he would record is a "for" or "against."

I'll bet someone just skimmed your letter and took a guess on for or against.

Time for us all to call his office and give a very simple "against" statement.

Maybe someone is impersonating you on an automatic email service like NRA/ILA uses except ,for the other side. All they have to do is fill out the form and click on send. That would be my first guess as to why you are getting thanked for sending your opinion for the laws. I am sure both sides of the issue send stuff and the recipients will respond with a form letter in both cases.

Here you go

The main theme of his letter is the same as all the other "correct" form letters we got back from him...I am still hoping he is walking a fine line, not showing his hand to the anti's untill after he is re-elected...He can't be as blunt as a Gov Perri in TX if he wants to be re-elected...And he knows he can't support further gun control in NJ if he wants a shot at Pres...I take your letter as a "net" positive because it is consistent with the letter he sends to pro 2nd folks....He is using the the politicians best stall tactic - task fource/comittee/study. I think we will be OK.

Yes, but what concerns me is that I got one at all, as I haven't written to him in a few weeks. My concern is that they are getting their piles mixed up or even worse that someone sent him a message under my address, I wouldn't put that past the anti's.

Yikes, scary scenario...How would they get your name and address?

My wife's response came after she filled out the on-line NRA-ILA form to send a letter to her Reps about protecting our 2nd Amendments rights. Her response letter correctly said "opposition". My response hasn't come yet. She used the original unedited NRA letter whereas I edited my response... we'll see if that makes any difference.

It was sent out by some poor schmo in the governor's office who's walleyed at this point. You're lucky if you didn't get the the form letter about gay marriage. I wouldn't take it too seriously. The good part is he's clearly not jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of the blue state governors.

It was sent out by some poor schmo in the governor's office who's walleyed at this point. You're lucky if you didn't get the the form letter about gay marriage. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I would take it very seriously and I would demand they address that response. Either on the phone or in person.