Avi

Legality of shipping Banned items to other states

I have a question regarding the shipping of item which are legal in nj, to a state which they are not. I see alot of companys which state we will not ship mags over 15rd to N.J do they do this as an above and beyond, or can they be prosecuted for do so? if someone in NYC or California wants me to ship them ammo am i also breaking the law? could CA prosecute me?

Even if you don't break any NJ laws or federal laws, you'll never be able to step foot in that other state cause there may be a warrant out for you.

You are probably not worth extraditing.\

It's a lot to think about for doing something dumb

Like DSD1026; I am not a Lawer. I also believe that you are not breaking a law. It is legal for you, as a NJ resident, to ship ammo. The receiving party is breaking the law by receiving it, as per their state law. Companies that sell 30 round mags know you are not permitted to have them in NJ and do not want to assist your criminal behavior. I don't know of any cases where the shipper has followed their laws and been prosecuted successfully.

All that being said; I wouldn't want to be the test case for such a suit. I wouldn't ship anything illegal.