dbldune

NICS checks

Submitted 4/21, Came in today 5/7. My new 1911 Range Officer is home safe and sound. I think tomorrow will be a mental health ( range day ) I feel a cold comming on.

I hope you enjoy your range officer. Got mine last month

I have been buying rifles consistently every week ... It was at 14 days for awhile... Now on monday it will be 18 days on an 870 i bought ... Lets see if it comes out on monday exactly 18 days...

I am on day 17 now. This is the longest that I have waited since this has begun.

I think my NICS was submitted the same day as yours (4/22) for the Anaconda. Still waiting.

NJ NICS did 8,977 checks in April.  We're almost back down to pre-Newtown numbers, yet checks are taking longer and longer each day.  

It's time to do something about this. 

In November of 2012 they did 8910 checks, and they only took a matter of minutes. 

NJ NICS did 8,977 checks in April. We're almost back down to pre-Newtown numbers, yet checks are taking longer and longer each day.

It's time to do something about this.

In November of 2012 they did 8910 checks, and they only took a matter of minutes.

Just curious where this data is coming from?

Looks like average times are starting come down a couple of days. The latest approvals took 15-16 days. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8BAjyRhnQ5dDdrRTh1dEhxZkJSQm9LTTNFRUxIdFE&usp=sharing

It's sad that I am praying for ONLY a 15-16 day wait for something that I already paid for and just returned a background check for 2 weeks ago. 

I'm hoping mine, which was submitted 5/6 will be approved before the 22nd(the 22nd would be 16 days).  I'm leaving for FL on the morning of the 23rd, and would like to take the gun I'm waiting for- an M&P Shield 9 with me to CCW, and go shooting with my friend I'm staying with down there. 

I bet your hoping for a quick return... :)

Unfortunately, there's nothing quick about how NJ is handling our NICS situation. 

There seems to be a reversing trend in the delays and that could be attributed to a couple of factors:

1. Additional personnel were added to handle the NICS checks

2. There has been a decline in NICS queries