FLHX

AR BUIS DOA and HK or standard so many to choose from!!

I am looking at BUIS and trying to come up with all the info I need to make an educated decision. I like the HK style front site and I am wanting to know if it makes a difference in sighting or if they are just purely a preference and don't offer any benefits, so any info that can be offered would be great. Also I see that there is another type of rear sight called Di-Optic Aperture (DOA) does anyone know anything about this type of aperture? These sights are pretty expensive so I want to make the right choice the first time around. I have owned the Magpul BUS and I didn't like them so at least they are fairly cheap and I was able to sell them. I am looking at the Troy fold down sights. I have come across many manufacturers of BUIS and they all seem to be pretty much the same, so if anyone has a specific set they like let me know. All sets have to fold and I like the HK aperture but if there is a reason to go with the standard type please let me know why.

It's all your preference.

This, My advice for stuff like this is, if possible, try out a couple different versions to see what works for YOU.

The design of the DOA is supposed to allow your eye to sight the rifle quicker than a standard BUIS. I have never used one but I know there are several forums members who have them and they can chime in as well.

You state BUIS so I am assuming you also have an optic?

I like the diopter as an Iron Sight but it does not fold down and I like my BUIS on optic equipped rifles to stow away when not in use.

The Troy BUIS are the standard with the KAC, MaTech, and GG&G MAD thrown in there as well.

The front sight profile is user preference based on looks. I have found no discernible difference between Standard and HK profile front sights in speed or accuracy.