david8613

any good rifle safe deals?

Check out the Liberty safes at Lowe's. They might still have the larger ones but the 12 gun ones are very hard to find. You can get the back of the door organizer from Liberty or one of the aftermarket ones from Midway or whereever

Although the big horn safe at costcos is currently full price, I was able the get them to honor the last sales price of $549 over the phone. All I have to do is call when I get the shipping confirmation and I'll be credited back.Can't beat the price, no tax of course, and free shipping.

Only bummers are:

- Its not made in the US (if that matters to you)

- I called Big Horn and the 19ECB only comes with the electronic lock. They don't offer a mechanical alternative, that's work for a locksmith at additional fees.

http://www.costco.com/.product.11642080.html

http://www.tractorsu...-10005#desc-tab

If you can find one in stock

I have been trying for one of these since January. Stopped by the local TSC in January they told me to call back in Feb. Called back in feb thay said they would have more in March to call back then. Called back last week they said call back in April.

Seems like the smaller safes are as hard to find as cheap .22 ammo these days!

I ended up picking up a harbor frieght bunker hill safe for 239.00 with coupon i then brought another years worth of warranty for 30.00, which I can Always add another year later. I figure if something goes wrong it will happen within the year. the one I brought is not the green and gold one you always see on the web site, the one I got is black and gold looks alot nicer. I know everyone is gonna say I should have gotten a fire proof safe but I plan on moving soon and didn't want to have worry about moving an 800 lbs safe I'll get that later in the new house, and ill keep this for ammo or in another part of the house...

Ps people who say this is just a cheap locker are wrong, this sucker is heavy almost

250 lbs, the hinges are hidden, and has bolts top, bottom and sides, very heavy gauge steel, so to me its not bad for the price.

Gonna give this one a bump.

I need another safe, and just went to order the big horn, and they are sold out.

Not sure where you are or what you are looking for. Tractor supply in Flemington had 2 safes and the store in Washington had 4 of them. Winchester 24 gun safe 639 ish and one of those big Cannon ones for 999 off the top of my head. This was as of last night.