Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN

Amvets in Jackson still going on?

Its pretty small, not a ton of stuff, but if you're fairly local its worth checking out if nothing else going on.

I went once last year, found a good deal on a nice RC K98 Mauser that I had been looking for. Very nice to get the deal done locally instead of going through an online site.

There are no new style guns there, mostly all milsurps and other military items, some ammo.

Butttttt, its the best thing you can find in NJ.

Anyone know what time its open?

They only sell older guns. You can find ammo, but at high prices. The best way to describe it, is, a bunch of old timers that have nothing better to do so they gather up a bunch of there collectibles and head down. They but big prices on there stuff because they don't really want to sell. If will pay the big money they will sell.

They only sell older guns. You can find ammo, but at high prices. The best way to describe it, is, a bunch of old timers that have nothing better to do so they gather up a bunch of there collectibles and head down. They but big prices on there stuff because they don't really want to sell. If will pay the big money they will sell.

I agree, in my opinion it is a waste of 4 bucks, but a good way to kill 10 minutes of your Sunday.... went once with JimmyAGR on our way to CJRPC, wouldn't go back. fishing stuff, clothes, old books, blah..

It is the only one left! For a lousy 4 bucks? Come on you have got to be kidding. Yes, usually I have 2 or 3 tables there. There is no more in NJ. The SP is fucnking with us now! Once it goes away there are no more GUN SHOWS in NJ! Most of those guys are combat vets. The short guy next to my table- anyone who knows me ! Was a retired L. C. In the reserves , special forces in the Nam and has a drawful of those purple things! 30 on howell PD also. So when you talk of the old guys on a few tables, give them some respect, They earned it!

Listen. You aren't gonna find any tacticool guns, or mall ninja stuff for the most part. What you will find is some people there in the twilights of their life with a passion for collecting that are willing to sell their possessions and give you some free great stories. For a $4 dollar donation once a month its worth it for the support you give. For most its that $4 dollar cup of coffee you buy everyday.