spwhite

another NICS complaint

Well today is day 15 of waiting for my NICS approval to come back. This is BS, I'm a law abiding citizen that has served in the Air Force, I had a Top Secret security clearance. I am all for back ground checks to keep firearms away from people that are not suspossed to have them. But, I think this is going over board. I will be so glad when I have the money saved to get out of this Commy state. Everyday, I hate this state more and more. I wonder how much longer I will have to wait to be approved.

It's a hilarious coincidence that just a couple of minutes ago, I was thinking about my own NICS. I put in my NICS at my FFL on Wednesday. It's a one hour drive from my house. I'm traveling for other reasons near there today and was guessing at my odds of getting a surprise call while I'm there.

Before I read the message, I was thinking 5%. Now I'm thinking more like 1%

Your NICS will be approved the day you move out of the state.

JK.

Maybe NICS lost your paper work? Maybe call and ask if you've been approved?

I am beginning to think that. Maybe I should go and try to get my money back and just add that to my move out of jersey fund. I guess that is what I get for moving to this damn state from a free state.

When I did my last NICS check a couple of weeks ago it took 4 1/2 days. The FFL mentioned that it's a mess and at times has had to send it in more than once for some people because the State Police lost the fax. Ask your FFL if everyone else he's put though is waiting that long too or just you. If you're the only one then ask him to re-fax it.

Howard -- you still waiting for your P2P for the Kimber?

Yea, it even seems long to you - and YOU are not the one waiting :( I had to wait two weeks till I could even put it in. I got to the FFL first thing Monday morning when they opened. So, I am guessing it probably won't be till at least next Tuesday :( :( :(

My feeling is that there are so many good citizens waking up and applying for permits that the governing bodies are frightened and don't know how to handle this. It is certainly making them aware the WE The PEOPLE are exercising our Second Amendment Rights.

Good causes take a while to start and will have a lasting affect!

Well today is day 15 of waiting for my NICS approval to come back. This is BS, I'm a law abiding citizen that has served in the Air Force, I had a Top Secret security clearance. I am all for back ground checks to keep firearms away from people that are not suspossed to have them. But, I think this is going over board. I will be so glad when I have the money saved to get out of this Commy state. Everyday, I hate this state more and more. I wonder how much longer I will have to wait to be approved.

First thanks for your service! (I am USN-Vet)...Good to commeserate with us - it is an awful feeling of helplessness...Have called your FFL? Have them call NICs...They may need to refax...Faxes do get lost...What else can you tell us to help solve this?

Tomorrow is day 14 for me as well. I called my FFL and he said I'm the next one on top of his paperwork. Not sure if that has any meaning as I'm still waiting. Last month when I picked up a handgun it took 3 days. In December for along gun it took 4 days if I remember correctly. Since we live about 5 miles from PA, my wife and I are giving serious consideration to hopping across the river to real America.

Yea, it even seems long to you - and YOU are not the one waiting :( I had to wait two weeks till I could even put it in. I got to the FFL first thing Monday morning when they opened. So, I am guessing it probably won't be till at least next Tuesday :( :( :(

Oh. You got your P2P. You're now waiting for your NICS to come back. You're close!

Oh. You got your P2P. You're now waiting for your NICS to come back. You're close!

P2P is no problem still have three of those, its the stupid NICS. What do they think I became a felon in the six weeks since I got the permits. I hate the nanny state where I have to ask permission to do what the constitution says I have a right to do. Imagine if they changed the 1st amendment and they did not let liberals speak until they got permits and then permits under those permits and then an extra check so that they could not say what they wanted till two to eight months later.

Day eight here. Put the permit in about twelve noon. I dont dont know when Tips Hardware sent it in though.

They told me NICS was running from ten to twelve days.

Funny our Gov mr efficiency and anti Govt spending waste has no problem with the delays caused by having humans instead of computers doing this. Even NY is same day. My brother and Father bought two rifles in NY yesterday and were in and out in an hour.

P2P is no problem still have three of those, its the stupid NICS. What do they think I became a felon in the six weeks since I got the permits. I hate the nanny state where I have to ask permission to do what the constitution says I have a right to do. Imagine if they changed the 1st amendment and they did not let liberals speak until they got permits and then permits under those permits and then an extra check so that they could not say what they wanted till two to eight months later.

LOL. Yep, the liberals would be in big permit trouble. Surely they would have said many stupid things since their last background check 30 days prior.

Tomorrow is day 14 for me as well. I called my FFL and he said I'm the next one on top of his paperwork. Not sure if that has any meaning as I'm still waiting. Last month when I picked up a handgun it took 3 days. In December for along gun it took 4 days if I remember correctly. Since we live about 5 miles from PA, my wife and I are giving serious consideration to hopping across the river to real America.

mine was 7 days just last week....something fishy.

Day eight here. Put the permit in about twelve noon. I dont dont know when Tips Hardware sent it in though.

They told me NICS was running from ten to twelve days.

Funny our Gov mr efficiency and anti Govt spending waste has no problem with the delays caused by having humans instead of computers doing this. Even NY is same day. My brother and Father bought two rifles in NY yesterday and were in and out in an hour.

Tips usually puts them through right away. I just bought a rifle from them 2 weeks ago and it took 7 days to get my NICS approved.

I believe the approvals come back in 7 days (5 business days excluding Saturday and Sunday). FFL usually gives NICS a few extra days so they will quote 7-10 business days before they resubmit. Any longer, and it is probably lost.

Mine was submitted on the 1st. Never heard back. On the 14th, FFL re-submitted. It was approved yesterday. I believe the lead time may be getting longer though.

FWIW, I recall reading that NICS is getting a little under 500 NICS checks a day. They must have some hefty fax machine as you would need to load a new ream of paper every day.

Who is selling all these guns and tying up the nics checks??? I thought the shelves have been empty since january?

The state is doing this on purpose! there is no reason for this when you can see people in PA which has thousands more gun stores get approved within an hour!

Well I called my ffl and they said that it was approved, finally. It really sucks that I have to ask permission from someone that wouldn't know me if I walked into the room with them. I feel as if I am 6 years old again. I am so done with this state and ready to move to america..... saving my money to move. But at least I was able to get my hand gun