Nikos

A4001: Requires firearms endorsement on DL IDs *UPDATED*

A4001 Requires firearms endorsement on driver's license or non-driver identification card.

Announced: 03/21/2013.

Description: None yet

Mainor, Charles as Primary Sponsor

Albano, Nelson T. as Primary Sponsor

Jimenez, Angelica M. as Primary Sponsor

Well, Mr. Charles, 20 sec mag change, Mainor wants our DLs to note that we are firearms owners.

Edit: Bill updated 04/04/2013 to show details (link below)

http://www.njleg.sta...500/4001_I1.PDF

A4001 MAINOR, JIMENEZ

1 STATEMENT

3 This bill would require State residents who have a permit to

4 purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card to

5 obtain a firearms endorsement on his or her driver’s license. If the

6 resident does not have a driver’s license, the resident would be

7 required to obtain a firearms endorsement on a non-driver

8 identification card as issued by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle

9 Commission (MVC).

10 When the resident renews his or her driver’s license or non11

driver identification card, the bill would require the resident to

12 provide evidence as required by the Chief Administrator of the

13 MVC and the Superintendent of State Police that he or she has not

14 been disqualified to possess a firearm.

15 Under the bill, firearms retailers in this State would be prohibited

16 from selling a firearm to a resident who does not produce a valid

17 driver’s license or non-driver identification card which has a

18 firearms endorsement.

19 The bill would also require residents to exhibit their driver’s

20 license or non-driver identification card with a firearms

21 endorsement upon request of a law enforcement officer. It is

22 presumptive evidence under the bill that a resident who fails to

23 exhibit the license or identification card does not have a valid

24 firearms purchaser identification card.

25 A fine of $500 would be imposed on a resident who fails to

26 obtain the firearms endorsement required by the bill and his or her

27 permit to purchase a handgun or firearms identification card would

28 be revoked.

29 The fee for the firearms endorsement would be set by the chief

30 administrator.

If we must have a FID in this state, they must do something to bring that card up to the 21st century. I mean the cards today are still typed out on an actual typewriter. I didn't even know that those things still existed.

If we must have a FID in this state, they must do something to bring that card up to the 21st century. I mean the cards today are still typed out on an actual typewriter. I didn't even know that those things still existed.

Be careful what you wish for...

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A4000/3772_I1.HTM

You're kidding, right??

No, I'm not. They want everyone to upgrade to a photo FID. NJSP has to comment on that bill, and they'll likely flip out when they figure out what this will do to local PDs. DMV is resourced to handle an order of magnitude more applications than PDs and already has the technology for tamper proof photo Id's

I am confused by the unholy alliance of Mainor and Albano. Albano has been an ally in the fight. I'm going to call his office later.

This is either less than it seems, or Albano has completely turned on us. He's the same guy who is pushing toward right to carry.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A0500/499_I1.HTM

Then again, looks like he has a history of using DL's to try to stigmatize people.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A2000/1795_I1.HTM

Maybe he considers gun owners to fall into the same category as drunk drivers.

Generally anti-freedom. Here's a bill that would allow municipalities to limit the amount of wine that can be brought into a restaurant for BYOB.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A3000/2825_I1.HTM

This is either less than it seems, or Albano has completely turned on us. He's the same guy who is pushing toward right to carry.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A0500/499_I1.HTM

Identical Bill Number: S419

Last Session Bill Number: A3544 S2431

Albano, Nelson T. as Primary Sponsor

Milam, Matthew W. as Primary Sponsor

1/10/2012 Introduced, Referred to Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee

Over a year has passed and his views could have changed.

Imagine what would happen If a DMV worker gave someone a license with the endorsement to purchase. 2 problems with it right away is DMV workers can't be trusted. Just the other day had 2 guy convicted for selling legit licenses from one was an employee. Last yr there was a huge bust. It also explains how some people drive in this state. Second is people always find ways to get past tamper proof seals and forge things.

I'd like to hear the answer on this one. I don't understand how Albano could be a Sponsor on this. Albano voted with us, on most of the bills, at the Judiciary Committee meeting, He did not vote, at all, on the Assembly floor vote. The bill that he introduced with Matt Milam was the same bill introduced by Jeff VanDrew in the Senate. Milam has resigned and is to be replaced by Robert Andrzejczak, a former U.S. Army sergeant who lost a leg in a grenade attack in Iraq in January 2009. VanDrew has always been ProGun and, I believe, is a gun collector himself. VanDrew, Milam, and Albano have always campaigned together and supported each other.

Its not often that I get really worked up like this post just worked me up. I must say Everyone needs to flood These idiots E-mail boxes and mail boxes about this one. I myself just stopped reading and sent A very long E-Mail to Nelson Albano. A Man I have supported in the past. Well he knows where I stand now! And will know better when some Mass E-mails go out to MANY workers in A grocery chain that is all over NJ. I am doing my part down here in SJ with this one. So carry it on guys now these Idiots are just getiing crazy!!!!!!

Now I will finish reading the rest of this post

Bump! As A side note to my post above. CONTACT your reps in the State Government.

UPDATE to follow tomorrow! Just had A Phone call afer sending my E-Mail To Nelson Albano.

Expecting another call tomorrow will then update the discussion.

think the FPID process is bad now? I could only imagine if the DMV gets involved in the process...

I don't know... I took me 10 minutes to change the address on my DL and it took 6 months to do the same on my FID.

Is this whole thing INSTEAD of FID? I'd be OK with that, I hate carrying my FID.

I don't know... I took me 10 minutes to change the address on my DL and it took 6 months to do the same on my FID.

Is this whole thing INSTEAD of FID? I'd be OK with that, I hate carrying my FID.

If you think that involving yet another govt agency in the process will make anything better, then more power to you. I will pass on that one.

I already do... But this is bad and I'll tell you why. Over the years, I've seen the gestapos come up with their own agendas and laws on the fly. Here are examples what I mean.

- I had a gold style brass chain link license plate frame around my rear license plate. Was not shiny or anything nor was it electric. I go through inspection and they fail me for the frame. I asked why and they said the State Police told them to. I said since when do they have the right to tell you to do anything that does not have a writ to back it? I also said, I'll be right back, get your scraper ready. Pulled off to the side and removed it. They passed me and gave me my sticker. I then pulled over and put it right back on and gave them the finger as I left.

- Another battle. For well over 16 years I had a boat license. I go to renew my license and just before the girl was ready to give me my new one, the supervisor came over and demanded she remove Boat from my license. I went ballistic. Why I asked.. She said you don't have a Boaters Course Safety Certificate. I said I was never notified that I needed one and this was bogus. I kindly informed her I was a certified boating instructor and spent 4 years with the guard, had more certifications than they could fathom and she didn't care. I literally was screaming at her. Even her clerk said the computer says I was exempt. She didn't want to hear it. The cops came over because of my screaming. The one cop told me they did the same thing to him. he was a certified diver for the police dept. and also had one for years. How the fook you void a license that way? He was on my side but couldn't do anything about it. I probably would have went to jail if the supervisor was a male, because I was ready to leap the counter and punch her out!

The moral of the story here, it if these bastards get a bug up their arses and pull sheit like that, you can imagine the bull you'd have to go through to get it back. This state is ran by scum. Give them a little power and they will rule the way they see fit, legal or not. Screw this crap! :tommy:

Why don't we just get tattoos on our forearms