capri_auto

Someone stole a box of ammo of my porch, I'm gonna get them.

Yep, that IP camera is an on-demand view type of setup. You will need something that records like a DVR. My Synology NAS has a IP camera DVR app built into it for instance.

IMO you are better off with a complete 4 channel CCTV + DVR system. Like this one from costco : http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-Full-D1-Real-Time-DVR-Security-System-with-500GB-and-4-High-Resolution-Cameras.product.100036400.html

The foscam that you're ordering from Amazon - I already have one up and working - can view it anytime remotely from a PC or smartphone, but the camera by itself doesn't record. What are you planning to use to record the video from that camera?

From what I have read there are plenty of ways to record using the foscam. You can also have it email still anytime the motion sensor goes off to you email.

Digz, I have 8 Foscams and they all record to my computer all the time and/or to my phone on schedule and motion sensing. So dunno why yours won't...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Digz, I have 8 Foscams and they all record to my computer all the time and/or to my phone on schedule and motion sensing. So dunno why yours won't...

bhunted - not saying they can't be used to record, but they don't record on their own and I'm curious what software you use with them to record/motion sensor alert because I'd like to set that up too.

Yep, they do... No software needed. If I go away for lengths of time, I use BlueIris..

But normal days, they do their own thing. It's all internal..

You set up schedules, tell it where to dump, ftp, email, etc.... Unless I'm misunderstand you...

bhunted - not saying they can't be used to record, but they don't record on their own and I'm curious what software you use with them to record/motion sensor alert because I'd like to set that up too.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Yep, they do... No software needed. If I go away for lengths of time, I use BlueIris..

But normal days, they do their own thing. It's all internal..

You set up schedules, tell it where to dump, ftp, email, etc.... Unless I'm misunderstand you...

You're either talking about some other model of Foscam camera besides the FI8918W or yours has more features than mine. I don't want to belabor this, but I do want to understand how you're recording/alerting with yours if it is the same model. Take this to PM?

Yep

You're either talking about some other model of Foscam camera besides the FI8918W or yours has more features than mine. I don't want to belabor this, but I do want to understand how you're recording/alerting with yours if it is the same model. Take this to PM?

Typos courtesy Apple...

I wouldn't mind being in on this discussion as well as I am going to be setting mine up today or tomorrow. From what I have read our model will do all those things.

Foscams set up and running/ recording. No action yet, but I may put a decoy package up next week now that I worked out all the bugs with the new security camera.

Charges probably stick better if he takes UPS packages of ammo instead..