thevinstigator

Florida Carry permit in Penn??

I currently have a Florida Non-Resident Carry permit and was recently told that PA will not recognize this as an acceptable permit where they did in the past. Are there any counties in PA that give NJ residents Out-Of State carry permits??

Other than Utah what other permits would allow for carrying in PA??

Thanks for the help.

I currently have a Florida Non-Resident Carry permit and was recently told that PA will not recognize this as an acceptable permit where they did in the past. Are there any counties in PA that give NJ residents Out-Of State carry permits?? No, to get a PA carry permit you must have one from your resident state.

Other than Utah what other permits would allow for carrying in PA?? Virginia

Thanks for the help.

Outside of Philly....

You can open carry (not concealed) in PA without any permit.  And, you can use a handgun carry permit from any state to carry a loaded handgun in a car.  Whether PA recognizes the permit from that state or not.  Including a non-resident Florida permit.

That being said, it's not something I would routinely do outside of my own state.  It's perfectly legal, and PA does indeed have rule of law (unlike Jersey), but counting the number of things I posted above it should be easy to see that you might be inconvenienced due to a bit of confusion.  

As an analogy, if it were me, and I could only OC or vehicle transport in Ohio,  and that was because of a permit that cops were taught had no reciprocity, I'd be a pretty low-key dude.  I would indeed drive around loaded but I would almost completely avoid public situations.  I'd spend time with my buddies and at the range.

Pro Tip  - Almost nobody notices black guns/holsters on black/dark grey clothes.  Coming from a guy with about 1,000 days of public open carry experience, and hundreds of other people that have seen the same.  I have had family spend a day with me while I was open carrying and notice at some point in the evening, hours later.  I had a friend stay with me and she never noticed all night until I pointed it out to her.  It's not bulletproof, but it is 95% and well known.  Kind of scary how oblivious people are.

So that would define my carry gear, clothing, and behavior during legal but legally confusing and conspicuous carry outside of my own state.

Maine will give you a permit with a DD214, no training. Reciprocity is not good for a lot of states, but neither is Virginia.  It gets you Delaware I think.

People like Utah and Arizona for lots of reciprocity but they have various training requirements.

I do have both day time training and nightime training certificates both issued here in NJ from a well known gun shop. I have some things working out and will post when I get more info, seems SOME sherrifs officers in PA do issue to NJ residents. As I have lots of time off during the week I am going to try to hit up some of the more lenient ones and see what I can come up with. I will let you all know.

Maine is an interesting one. They seem to imply that fingerprints may be required, but I don't see how to request a fingerprint card. Do they send one to you if you need to be fingerprinted?

Also people have been saying they've been waiting more than 6 months, yikes.

People like Utah and Arizona for lots of reciprocity but they have various training requirements.

Utah requires a specific Utah class. It must be given by a Utah certified instructor.

Arizona used to have specific training but they relaxed that and it is just like Florida where they will accept things like NRA courses, hunters ed or even a DD214.

I got this email today. Deal ends in 7 days. I haven't thoroughly checked it out yet. But it's very enticing. http://www.sportsmandeals.com/deal/33719/concealed-carry-academy-online-course/all

Is this legitimate?

I've very intrigued....

I'm looking at the website, watch a 90min video... Take a 20 question test and get your Virginia and Arizona CCW.. Sounds sweet

Edit: ok you get your training verification. $100 for the non resident Virginia and $60 for the Utah upon applying. Not a bad deal for $37

Is this legitimate?

I've very intrigued....

I'm looking at the website, watch a 90min video... Take a 20 question test and get your Virginia and Arizona CCW.. Sounds sweet

Edit: ok you get your training verification. $100 for the non resident Virginia and $60 for the Utah upon applying. Not a bad deal for $37

Also interested, what else would be needed? Fingerprints?

Will a NRA firearms course or NJ Hunter Education satisfy Arizona's CCW training requirement?

Nevermind, just read their law, apparently both satisfy AZ. As does another states CCW permit that has a training requirement(I have a FL CCW, but want to carry in PA).

Is this legitimate?

I've very intrigued....

If you have taken the NRA course or even hunters ed, you have satisfied the training requirement.

If you have served honorably in the armed forces, present a copy of your DD-214 the training requirement is waived.

If you have FL already, NH is easy, though it has gotten more expen$ive (was $20, now $100; still a 4 year permit).

NH gives you 24 states including PA (via reciprocity agreement) and there is no fingerprint card required. You need to send a copy of your CCW from another state. The process is running 30 days.

NH gets you:

24 - AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, UT, VT, WY

per handgunlaw.us

NH gives you 24 states including PA (via reciprocity agreement) and there is no fingerprint card required. You need to send a copy of your CCW from another state. The process is running 30 days.

NH gets you:

24 - AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, UT, VT, WY

per handgunlaw.us

CO and FL honor resident permits only, so NH will not get you them. There could be others in there, there are about 5 or 6. I don't have them memorized, only 2 apply to me. They are listed underneath the handgunlaw.us map.

CO and FL honor resident permits only, so NH will not get you them. There could be others in there, there are about 5 or 6. I don't have them memorized, only 2 apply to me. They are listed underneath the handgunlaw.us map.

Yep. Always have to read the fine print and check the laws of the state you are traveling to.

"Colorado, Florida, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire & South Carolina, only honor permits from residents of the states they honor."

If you have a FL non-resident, you can use it to get your NH. NH will get you PA, that is until the attorney general kills that one too.

I got this email today. Deal ends in 7 days. I haven't thoroughly checked it out yet. But it's very enticing. http://www.sportsman...line-course/all

Is this legitimate?

I've very intrigued....

The only catch is that he will try to sell you tactical pens and bulletproof panels during the video, which is easily ignored. Then he will bombard you with emails about those offers, his other course called "Spy Escape and Evasion", as well as joining an exclusive "members only" gun club that protects you in the event that you have to use your gun in a self-defense situation. If you don't sign up, he starts sending letters to your house.

The good news is that if you enjoy his "Covert Guide to Concealed Carry: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer", you will also enjoy his "Covert Guide to Real Estate Wealth: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer." Check out some of his corny get-rich-quick videos on YouTube.