Sign in to follow this  
70gto

Help with buying a rifle on gunbroker FFL question

First Id like to say I always support local small business but sometimes I find things that arent available here in NJ. Example I found a particular rifle I would like to buy on gunbroker> thats not avaiable anywhere I looked in NJ. Its being sold by a way out of state FFL. The only thing that makes this particular Rifle non NJ compliant is the folding stock, and naturually the ad states no shipping to NJ. I get that, they dont want to get into trouble. My plan was to pin or have the stock pinned before transfer to me either way.

So my question is do I have to contact a PA FFL and if so who is reliable w/o any BS, song and dance way too expensive or just plain lazy, or can a NJ ffl request shippment with the condition the stock is pinned prior to transfer to me? Would there be any issues if me the auction winner is from NJ and pay but have it shipped to PA?

Btw whenever i bought NJ Compliant stuff out of state I always used a FFL listed on our board for the transfer. I believe in supporting our own.

I have 17 hours left on the auction and would please like some input.

Thank in advance.

If you contact the seller and explain that it is legal to ship a folder to an FFL in NJ

(we get to have all the goodies) there shouldn't be a problem as long as you use

a NJ FFL that is willing to pin the stock before he gives the gun to you.

Same rule applies for Hi-Cap mags, Threaded barrels, ect.

If you plan on using GB.com (or another auction site) - first choose an FFL in your

area that is willing to work with you (some FFL;s don't want to get involved with some

modifications, some will). Once you have a reliable FFL to work with you, you or your FFL

should be able to convince the seller to ship here.

Just realize that some sellers will stand on principal and not ship to regulated states not matter what;

so you may need to find a different seller...........

Good Luck!