johngo1

Glock 27

Yes. I have the 27. I bought it to fill a specific reason/purpose. Given a choice, I would have gotten a 26 instead.

On the timer I am faster and more accurate shooting the 26 vs. the 27 all day long as the 9mm recoil is not as "snappy" (subjective observation) as the .40, and I can get the sights back on target much faster.

In that size Glock, get the 26. You will be much happier.

Also, this specific topic is covered here at least monthly if not more often. Use the search tool to see the other threads on this exact question for more info.

On another note, what I the proposed purpose for the sub-compact Glock? Range toy, HD, CCW, BUG?

Tried to search but the damn thing doesn't allow for glock 27 since "27" is under 3 characters. Wanted the 27 over the 26 since I already have .40 and thought it be easier stocking one caliber. As for the size just wanted something small as I already have a full size. I would go with a 23 but it was not available.

Yes. I have the 27. I bought it to fill a specific reason/purpose. Given a choice, I would have gotten a 26 instead.

On the timer I am faster and more accurate shooting the 26 vs. the 27 all day long as the 9mm recoil is not as "snappy" (subjective observation) as the .40, and I can get the sights back on target much faster.

In that size Glock, get the 26. You will be much happier.

Also, this specific topic is covered here at least monthly if not more often. Use the search tool to see the other threads on this exact question for more info.

On another note, what I the proposed purpose for the sub-compact Glock? Range toy, HD, CCW, BUG?

I agree with him, if you want to stick to one caliber then hold out for a 23, its truly more enjoyable to shoot then a 27.

Tried the Glock 27 and a few other small .40's and basically it is too much power in a small gun to allow fast and accurate follow-up shots. I know guys who say they can shoot it fast and accurate but it is usually a case of them determining what is fast and accurate rather than measuring it against a set standard. When I look at the gun shelves for used guns I see a heck of a lot of Kahr PM40's and Glock 27's. The Glock 26 is hard to find around here unless you order one specifically as I had to do twice. I think too many who never fired a shot in anger place too much emphasis on their calibers. In most cases we are talking fractions of an inch difference in size and pretty much anything from a .380 to .45 can penetrate 10 to 12 inches with the right ammo. As a combat vet who shot a variety of weapons in all calibers I can say that shot placement is king and the great majority of people will cease what they are doing when shot with anything. I have seen it happen so many times that it has made a believer of me. However since most guys never get to shoot at other people or witness such things, they rely too heavily on energy, bullet size and other things in absence of experience in the real world. Just look at some government agencies and you can see they are all over the place. Our military went from .38 to .45 to 9mm. There are law enforcement agencies that went from 9mm to .40 and then back to 9mm. Some went from 9 to .40 to .45 and then back to 9 again.

The only civilian shooting I witnessed was a big guy shot with a .22lr out of a snub nose revolver. He went to his knees immediately with a belly shot. I have seen small men absorb several 5.56 rounds and still keep coming. Just get a gun that you can control and put as many shots into the place where you are aiming as quickly as possible. For many that is 9mm.