NJGunGeek1980

NICS & Pistol Permit

Just read on Facebook that Shore Shot in Lakewood NJ will not process any handgun's where the pistol permit is going to expire in more then 14 days. With this I called the NJSP Firearms Unit spoke to a gentlemen named Gene Hammon I believe he said it was (Sorry if spelling is wrong) who said that if the NICS's is taking that long then the Local PD has to issue another extension as the delay is not with in our control. Also with this said has anyone asked the question of why if the state allows for a 3 day waiver will places not release a firearm if the nics has not come back yet even though state law says they can.

With respect, I do appreciate that retailers are trying to prepare their customers for the worst in these times. But-if they belong to a Chamber of Commerce, should that not be a way for the retailers to voice a strong complaint to the state? many of us deliberately support brick and mortar LGS in New jersey-maybe those retailers should also advocate for their loyal customers.

I feel for the local stores it almost like the state wants to put them out of business. With the handgun purchase restrictions and supply shortage now, a buyer can not wait for a dealer to get a handgun in to purchase it. It makes you have to buy online, as the permit is good only 90 days and an additional 8-14 day NICS wait and 30 days in between purchases makes it almost impossible to wait for more than a month for a backordered item to come in. Long guns as stated before it is just easier to travel out of state. I understand NJ wants a redundant system of checks but NJ is losing business to both nearby states and the internet because of this.

They dont care what the state loses, only that we are being shafted.

I already know a few people who were going to buy some thing, now they wont too much BS. The one guy waited 6months for his ID card and P2P, he bought a shotgun took him 16 days to get nics back.

He said screw the pistol because no store in the area has anything hes interested in pistol wise, and his work schedule doesent work out for driveing to and from for paper work then again however long later to pick it up.