SoCalTrojanSoldier

Moving a Liberty Lincoln 50 safe

I helped a friend at work move a safe like this, not sure if it was 50 or not but god damn was it heavy and we had to go up a steep ass flight of stairs. It was not fun at all. Not sure if you can remove the door, I figure it'd be a hassle. Plan ahead, good luck with moving it.

Im sure calling the Liberty Safe Dealer in Mt Laurel may give you some tips.. but this is what I found in my searching

http://www.ar15.com/...back_on___.html

Apparently you CAN get it off.. but getting back on afterwards is a whole other story. Let me know if you find what youre looking for as im taking delivery of a liberty 30 in a week or so.

This caught my eye at the bottom

"I am sure you already figured it out, but just to put it out there because I just had the same problem. The key to getting the door back on it to turn the door and the safe upside down, then you will be able to roll the "top" (now the bottom pin) pin inside the frame and the bottom (now the top) will roll right into the frame."

Liberty in Mt. Laurel (my safe dealer and original deliverer) will not move the safe. They referred me to a rigging company. $1100 to move it up some cement stairs and to another location in same town. To be fair another safe 700 lbs will be going also.

My next safe may be from another safe company. Fort Knox maybe. When they (Liberty) delivered the safe they said "No problem just call us when you need to move the safe". Now the anwer is "no way, can't do it."