hardlife_nef

Hudson county mental health

Is anyone aware of a delay in mental health checks in Hudson County? If so, any idea what the backlog is? Finally, is there a specific person I would be able to call and ask other than the main office # in secaucus? I ask because I have been checking on the process used by Union City. I have already passed the 45 day mark and a extremely rare window of opportunity is about to close for me. You see I am trying to purchase the 1911 that I was issued in the service. The seller is aware of whats going on with the city, but has another much larger offer from another buyer and is only willing to wait so long. The second buyer had also been issued the same sidearm a few years before me. The seller is being more than patient and fair with me both in waiting and on the price. No way I could come close to the offer the second buyer is offering so here I sit waiting dreading the time its taking.

Send the seller the money and have him ship the gun to your FFL. Let your FFL do the waiting. If they are in Hudson County, they will know what the deal is with wait time. Remember, you don;t need a permit to have the gun shipped to your FFL. You need the permit to take possession of it. No need to involve the seller in the stupidity of our laws. I bought a S&W Model 19-3 several months ago and it is sitting an my FFL who is waiting (like I am) for my permits to come in.

Had I done so earlier I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue but once I realized there would be a longer wait than I had anticipated and contacted the seller he already had the other offer and to be fair to both based on the weapons history he wont. I'm cool with the terms, but am still hopeful. Was told by someone at county health that there is no backlog, but would like confirmation from an official source before speaking with the acting cheif.