Maksim

So what do you shave with?

What do you shave with?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What do you shave with?

• Plastic Fantastic - Gillet Fusion/Mach whatever/ or any other disposable thing.
    • The Safety Razor - the 1911 of the shaving world.
    • The Straight Razor - if it holds more than 6 rounds it is too much... or is it more like the Rock of weapons? =P
    • Electric - the 32 acp of the world... not a true shave, but better than nothing. =P
    • I don't shave.... and think beards are cool.

I just got an email from Art of Shaving.... the shaving store for snobs. lol. Personally, I can't leave the house without shaving, and last year, can count on one hand the number of days I did not shave... 3. That was during USPSA Mid Atlantic Sectional when my skin got sunburned and it would hurt to shave, so skipped it for 2 days.

Currently using the Gillette Fusion.... but thinking of switching to a safety razor, or a straight razor...

What do you shave with?

I switch between a Schick Quattro, a Merkur 180 long handle safety razor, and a Norelco electric. Depends on how much time I have, and how much I care about how my shave looks. ;)

I'm still experimenting with blades for the Merkur, haven't found one I really like yet. I do like The Art of Shaving's shaving cream, and I use one of their Pure Badger brushes when I'm not using the electric.

Safety razor for the first pass(it's a Merkur, the blade is an Astra). Second pass against the grain is a Gillette Fusion Pro Glide. I forget what shaving cream I use. I use a pure badger brush.

I'm weird, I know, but it gets me an awesome shave and I'm not complaining.

Decided back in November to grow a mountain man beard haven't shaved since

Haha me too. Before that was a Gillette fusion. Since November absolutely nothing. Although I'm thinking of a trim up soon since this beard is getting out of control.

I shave with this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2009401/Worlds-expensive-razor-goes-sale-100-000--SAPPHIRE-blades.html

Nah, any blue disposable with two blades and the strip works fine for me. Tried straight razors before. Much happier collecting them than using them.

Maks if you need any Art of Shaving stuff, there's stores all around my office in NYC...

I use an electric - Panasonic Arc 4 Nano - Does a good job but I'm not very hairy... Love the cleaning system too. Had it for almost 4 years now, replaced the foil and blades once. It gets in close and leaves my face smooth.

Nick, there is an Art of Shaving in Freehold mall.

Humn, forgot to add option... "I am asian, and do not grow facial hair"

lucky bastards. =P

Could be worse, you could be Italian or Greek or some such and have had to shave since you were 5 yrs old.

I still grow less hair on my face than most high school students. So when I am working every day, just an electric razor is all I use. If I'm off for about 4 days or more, and therefore haven't shaved, I use a Mach 3. I haven't shaved my upper lip in over 3 months, and most people have no idea I have a mustache (sort of) unless they are right in front of me and the light hits it right!

I'd like to go straight razor. I use King of Shaves gel. English company just bought buy Remington I think. It's cheap and fantastic, saw it Ina playboy review as best buy for shave stuff.