Rifleman1

Need Advice on AR sling mount

I have a stock shoulder strap on the AR and bought a VooDoo single point sling to hook to the stock sling mount. It doesn't let the rifle ride scope up for easy grab and fire with front carry since the sling mount is on the bottom of the stock. What would you suggest to get the rifle to ride in the correct position? The stock sling is not meant for and does not work with front carry.

Got me a vtac 2 point and really like it.

Liked the ms2(which I have for sale in the marketplace) for a 1-to-2 point sling. I just don't see me ever really using a one point sling.

As for connections it all depends on what type of sling. I like the QDs but for a hook or clasp the asap or tasco ambi plate works well

Liked the ms2(which I have for sale in the marketplace) for a 1-to-2 point sling. I just don't see me ever really using a one point sling.

As for connections it all depends on what type of sling. I like the QDs but for a hook or clasp the asap or tasco ambi plate works well

Didn't see your add in the marketplace. How much you want for the MS2 and what color?

If you have the carbine buffer tube and you want to keep the single point sling, I would go with either one of these.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=rec-qdep&cat=61

http://fortismfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62

I carried my work rifle on a single point sling for 3 years. I learned that if you want a sling that offers no shooting support, hits you in the nuts when you transition, bangs into your knees and crotch as you move and shoot following said transition, offer no support to push against while reloading, flags everyone around you when slung, smacks you in the chin with the butstock and lawn darts your barrel when you kneel while the long gun slung, and is impossible to control if you need to let go of the rifle to go hands on, but is great in the event you need to switch shoulders and smoke check some fool weak side - well then look no further, Single point slings rule the day!

If, on the other hand, you want a sling that enhances your ability to fight with a long gun, gives you a more stable shooting platform, locks against your body and stays there when transitioning, stays out of your way while shooting on the move post transition, doesn't bang in to your knees or your junk when the long gun is released, offers resistance for more effecient reloads, doesn't interfere when going hands on, is out of the way when kneeling, and still allows you quick shoulder transitions - get yourself a quick adjust 2 point sling like the Blue Force Gear VCAS or Viking Tactics VTAC. Rung the back attachment on the single point sling attachment point where the receiver extension meets the receiver and attach the front of the sling as close to the receiver as possible. (A trick to make the quick adjust 2 point sling even faster when transitioning shoulders, is to attach your rear sling point on the strong side of the long gun. It provides built in slack when the stock switches shoulders.)

Get a 2 point.. Vickers VCAS. :)

^^^ this ^^^

Stay away from the Magpul slings. I really wanted to like them but as innovative as they are, the are only a mediocre single point and a terrible quick adjust 2 point. As with most things in life, anything that tries to do everything, does nothing well.

As for attachment point, the ASAP plate works well, but you need the Magpul clips. I ended up cutting my Magpul slings and putting the clips on 2 of my VCAS slings, then using the ASAP plate for the rear and the Magpul MSA MOE sling adapter up front. Since I didn't like the MS3 sling anyway, I canabalized the two I had. While I am really digging this setup on my two lightweight rifles, buying a $40 sling to cut up just for the clips so I can put them on a different $50 sling is just too painful on the wallet.

My other other 2 rifles have a Tangodown PR4s and DD Omega rails with built in sling cups close to the receiver.

Correct. Mounting to a stock puts the muzzle pointed down rather than to the side.

It is always going to ride straight down and will always require extra care to not flag yourself with. Still though, I do not think I have seen ANYBODY run a single point sling from a stock sling attachment instead of a QD endplate. Dont you have to reach extra far to get to the grip/fire controls?

It is always going to ride straight down and will always require extra care to not flag yourself with. Still though, I do not think I have seen ANYBODY run a single point sling from a stock sling attachment instead of a QD endplate. Dont you have to reach extra far to get to the grip/fire controls?

Yes, the stock sling doesn't work for maneuvers, only shoulder carry either regular or African. And then with a bipod and a forward hand grip even that doesn't work.