Boejoula

Good CCW holster and belt help?

I just picked up a XD-9 sub compact the other and want to get my Utah CCW. I'm going to start carrying around the house to get used to it for out of state. I'm looking for a good inside or outside waste band, or both. And a good built for it also. I'm looking into Kydex but I've never carried before so I'd like some feedback from those who have. I plan on taking the class with gun for hire; so any feedback on tht would be good too. Thank you in advance.

I carry a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe.. It is by far the best holster I have worn(I have an entire tote of off duty holsters). The Crossbreed holster conceals my Glock 27 under a tee shirt. I also use a 511 riggers belt which helps keep the holster tight to the body. Good Luck

I've been looking at this one from SneakyPete's Holsters. I have a Nano. I only have 6rd mags but I've put grip extensions on 'em and I'm not sure it will work. The nice part is that with it closed, it's concealed.

http://www.sneakypet...ster-belt-clip/

I personally would carry that pistol IWB, and I would recommend a Nate Squared Tactical professional holster! They are very comfortable, and believe me, I have a LOT of traditional gunleather and kydex since I lived previously in a Free State and carried every day with a number of firearms in my rotation over many years! With that particular pistol and a Nate Squared IWB, a nice high quality leather belt will be fine since you'll have the benefit of friction. I'm currently carrying a Shield 9 in a Nate Squared original, and it just might be my must comfortable IWB carry combination ever but mention because the size is fairly comparable to the XD.

www.n82tactical.com

OWB - I use the Blackhawk Serpa CQC;

post-2785-0-34270100-1362763822_thumb.jpg

IWB - I use the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe

post-2785-0-90403600-1362763770_thumb.jpg

Shoulder - I use the Blackhawk Serpa harness and put the OWB Serpa holster from above on it for the caliber I am using.

post-2785-0-11350800-1362763915_thumb.jpeg

For a belt I use Cabela's Roughneck Jeans belt.

Good thread though and appreciate you starting it. I have the UT/FL CCW class next weekend (7th) and I am moving to SC this summer and will be carrying there so I'm starting my research now so this is really convenient for me. Haven't decided on my carry gun yet (still waiting on my freaking permits) but I'm leaning towards a Shield .40 or 9mm and the SA XD 9SC or 40SC.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CQC-Pistol-Belt-Improved-Performance,1846,61.htm

This is belt I'm thinking of getting

Good thread though and appreciate you starting it. I have the UT/FL CCW class next weekend (7th) and I am moving to SC this summer and will be carrying there so I'm starting my research now so this is really convenient for me. Haven't decided on my carry gun yet (still waiting on my freaking permits) but I'm leaning towards a Shield .40 or 9mm and the SA XD 9SC or 40SC.

I'm going to get the Florida one as well but my parents recently moved there and I have already done a NRA pistol class so that should be no sweat.

I'm gonna make the decision harder, haha.

I haven't seen anyone mention Raven or Bravo concealment holsters... both have inside waistband clips you can purchase or outside belt loops. They hold the firearm so close to the body!

You can't go wrong with the crossbreed or milt sparks versa. BUT, I personally feel you get more bang for your buck with the raven or bravo. When you wear it outside it is perfect for range use, competitions, etc. You can even wear it outside for concealment. For the price Bravo is the way to go over Raven. Raven's backorder is ridiculous as well, but just shows the quality people are willing to wait for.

I'm gonna make the decision harder, haha.

I haven't seen anyone mention Raven or Bravo concealment holsters... both have inside waistband clips you can purchase or outside belt loops. They hold the firearm so close to the body!

You can't go wrong with the crossbreed or milt sparks versa. BUT, I personally feel you get more bang for your buck with the raven or bravo. When you wear it outside it is perfect for range use, competitions, etc. You can even wear it outside for concealment. For the price Bravo is the way to go over Raven. Raven's backorder is ridiculous as well, but just shows the quality people are willing to wait for.

I have seen the raven, I just checked out the bravo. There's site out there where people make them, and they're competitively priced. Keyholeholsters.com for example. I'm really feeling their covert Kydex holster.

For that gun, you don't really need a true gun belt if carrying IWB. I have had, and do have a variety of gun belts from many gunleather makers, and I prefer to support the independent, 100% USA makers. With that said, if you are on a beer budget and want a HIGH quality gun belt drop Jerry Bissell a line at [email protected]. He's a one-man shop, does nothing but a single design of leather gun belt in your choice of 4 colors, a fine NC gentleman, and turns around an order FAST!

If im just wearing a t shirt, crossbreed supertuck deluxe. Off duty i use it to carry my compact size glocks and 1911. If i feel like having a weaponlight on my gun that day, comp tac light compatible IWB works fine. If its colder and im wearing layers, raven concealment phantom holster

specialoperationsequipment.com for the belt. I use the EDC belt daily, and when carrying. Super comfortable, fast and easy buckle, and holds plenty of weight comfortably. The company only accepts PayPal, and sends you a payment request via email. The guy is a no B.S. kind of guy and sells hundreds of these belts a day.

I carry my Glock 26 in a galco king tuk. I have also carried my Glock 19 in it and have no complaints. Use it when wearing a t-shirt or polo type shirt and it does the job. Got it for under $60 at Midway usa.

specialoperationsequipment.com for the belt. I use the EDC belt daily, and when carrying. Super comfortable, fast and easy buckle, and holds plenty of weight comfortably. The company only accepts PayPal, and sends you a payment request via email. The guy is a no B.S. kind of guy and sells hundreds of these belts a day.

Is this the guy your talking about http://www.originalsoegear.com/EDCBelt.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you! How are all these holsters while sitting? Are some better then others just in that aspect?

IWB holsters are tough to get to while you are seated, especially in a confined area like a car. Some suggest you uncover your CCW pistol while seated in the car. If you are seated it is tough to draw from an IWB depending on where you wear it. When traveling I like the Kangaroo Concealed Carry Air Marshal 3 at KangarooCarry.com. It is comfortable and I can draw through the neck opening on my sport shirts.

http://www.kangarooc...ticle&id=63

Just out of curiosity. Where do you all carry? I know you all don't have a CCW.

If you get a non resident Utah CCW and a non resident Florida CCW you can carry in many states. PA being a big one for people around here. I'm sure many people visit Florida often (my parents love there now so I will be). Check out gun for hires' website and they have a full list of all the states.