n4p226r

Any ranges in nj or pa where you can move and shoot at all?

I did idpa and it was great but don't always have the ability to commit that early. Are there any ranges where you can move and shoot or at least draw from a holster?

A couple of alternatives - There are IDPA matches that are walk-ons - no pre-registration needed. Phillipsburg (Saturday) and Easton (Sunday) are both walk-ons. P-burg also shoots a Wednesday match. Check for matches here...

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/cgi-bin/shooting_schedule.pl?req=idpa

Easton (EFGA) has a utility "pit" in which you can draw and move. Dues are more than reasonable and you can join on-line.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It'd be nice to find a place in NJ where you can setup your own run-and-gun course but I haven't been able to find one yet. Some ranges have practice pits where you have a little more freedom to draw from a holster but not too sure about moving around and shooting from different locations a-la' IDPA.

easton has a pit i believe, can anyone confirm if there are multiple pits or just one? is it a one group using at a time thing, or enough where if you go you can use it normally? also can you use things other than paper targets? such as spinners or target trees on the training range?

A couple of alternatives - There are IDPA matches that are walk-ons - no pre-registration needed. Phillipsburg (Saturday) and Easton (Sunday) are both walk-ons. P-burg also shoots a Wednesday match. Check for matches here...

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/cgi-bin/shooting_schedule.pl?req=idpa

Easton (EFGA) has a utility "pit" in which you can draw and move. Dues are more than reasonable and you can join on-line.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The problem with idpa is that you are waiting for a group. I'd like to be able to go for an hour or two to practice. Not 6 hours+. I'd do idpa all day if there weren't breaks so long. I think I was there 7 hrs and went through 73 rds.

The problem with idpa is that you are waiting for a group. I'd like to be able to go for an hour or two to practice. Not 6 hours+. I'd do idpa all day if there weren't breaks so long. I think I was there 7 hrs and went through 73 rds.

USPSA match you shoot around 150+ rounds and stand around for 5-7 hours. More gooder IMHO.

I've joined Penn Dutch Sportsmen Club. It's far from here as it is almost 3 hours away. It's very nice as you have private pits. The handgun range allows you to run from station to station down the pit. They also have a rifle range out to 400 yds. The only reason I joined it was my brother in law lives out there. I'm sure there are other clubs.

I'm also a member of EFGA in Easton. They have a shotgun pit that we have simulated USPSA stages down in the pit before. They also have a training range but that is usually closed off. Most ranges with pits will allow you to do some run and gunning. Just don't break the 180 with the firearm like in the matches and don't have anyone playing with firearms while someone is down range.