Sign in to follow this  
ws6 Mike

source for rifle powder and primers

Has anyone had any luck finding small rifle primers or powder (H335 varget, even imr 4320 or anything else that would work well with .223 55gr btfmj). Been looking high and low and can't find any. Finally finished my AR just need to load some ammo to shoot!

Was just at Saloman's tonight. Seems like they have a fair bit of powder, no more rifle primers, no small pistol primers. .224 projectiles were only of the 90gr and 30 gr variety. VERY busy, especially for such a small store.

Was just at Saloman's tonight. Seems like they have a fair bit of powder, no more rifle primers, no small pistol primers. .224 projectiles were only of the 90gr and 30 gr variety. VERY busy, especially for such a small store.

Yes. I got there at 6:35 on Wednesday and they open at 6:30. There were 10 guys in front of me waiting on line to get service. Tip: wait for Gene ( the owner and older man) to serve you instead of the fat guy with bad knees. I got the later and he was not too receptive to my powder requests because he would have to walk in he back room to look for me and his knees are bad. As a result, i got less supplies then i could have bought. Poor me, huh? Well, when you have to drive 90 minutes each way to get powder then i want to get a decent supply.

Wait for gene, he is very nice and accommodating to customers.

It was worth the trip for me; just slightly further than Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters. Both guys were very nice, the other guy helped me today. Went in the back for some IMR3031 for me. Most people were requesting to talk to Gene. I like the place a lot, and i also noticed the phone on the wall. I had heard rumors that when they're open, they just leave the phone off the hook. This is indeed the case :)

It was worth the trip for me; just slightly further than Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters. Both guys were very nice, the other guy helped me today. Went in the back for some IMR3031 for me. Most people were requesting to talk to Gene. I like the place a lot, and i also noticed the phone on the wall. I had heard rumors that when they're open, they just leave the phone off the hook. This is indeed the case :)

Yes. Phone off the hook as well when i was there. That's a good thing during their limited open hours.

Were you one of the first in line, or later? If later, do you know if he was sold out of those primers you mention, or if he didn't have any from the get go?

I was about 10th in line, shortly after opening. He didn't have any more at all. He actually sold the last brick of LARGE rifle primers to a guy 5 spots in front of me. Not sure when they'll get more in. Honestly, i was hoping it was going to be an old-guy stockpile with lots and lots of primers, but that's not the case. They seem to get it in shipments just like everyone else.