Sign in to follow this  
MPA

Input on Smith MP 22.

Have had mine for about a year now and no issues to report, very accurate. I only shoot JHP, different brands and have had no feeding issues. For accesories I own an MP9C and it fits all my holsters except my crossbreed. Have about a thousand rounds thru it. Not that many but again other than a few dud rounds, no actual issues with the guns performance. Magazines are a whole different story, keep checking gallery of guns for mags they have them for a good price when available. I was able to get 3 just a few weeks ago for $28, its the shipping that kills you. Othe than the mags being hard to find right now, I would really recomend the gun.

Cool. I was worried spending so much for a 22. As dirty as the ammo is i didnt want to spend 500 and have to rebuild gun in 1000 rounds. Thanks for heads up. Im gonna keep one i have coming. Its got about 200 rds through and comes w 300 rds and three mags for $450. I was trying to decide whether to keep or sell it.

Picked my M&P 22 up last Tuesday ( 3/19 ). Have gone to the range 3 times since then, put about 500 rnds thru it. Shooting Federal Champion Bulk JHP. The first day shooting at about 40-50 rnds thru, it started to not feed properly. Had to manually rack it after ever 3 or 4 shots for 2 mags. Then for what ever reason it started to feed right the rest of the afternoon ( Another 110 rnds ). It might of been because I did not clean/lube properly when I got it home from dealer?? The second & third time at the range shot with no problems at all.

I picked up 2 mags from a NJGF vendor. TJ Sporting Arms in Bayville, NJ. $32 per mag.

I have one and it's been great, it eats the cheap Remington ammo like candy- but is a lot more accurate with Mini Mags. I do keep it pretty clean, generally every other range trip I'll clean it. The only problem I've had is using WWB ammo- it would often fail to pick up the next round from the magazine, but the slide would still close, so I kept dry firing it accidentally.

Its got about 200 rds through and comes w 300 rds and three mags for $450. I was trying to decide whether to keep or sell it.

If I were you I'd keep it, but if you don't, I'd be interested in buying it.

I picked one up right after Christmas, and while I personally don't get to shoot it that much (my son uses it) when I have fired it I've found it to be a very good 22 S/A. We're using an inexpensive Uncle Mikes Kydex that we got from CDNN for like 20 bucks and some nylon magazine pouches and for our purpose it's perfect.

It's a good gun...you're going to like it.

I have a M&P 22. Countless rounds through it. If I had to guess I'd say 8-10k rounds through it. Mine was a little rough for the first 500-1k rounds. Since breaking in it has been perfect.

Some tips: if you see a mag for sale, buy it. They are almost never available. I got mine by placing an order on S&W's site. It took so long to get fill I forgot about the order. They showed up like 4 months later.

I have started using the baby uplula to load the mags. Even though there is a thumb tab it starts to hurt after the 5th or 6th reload.

The grip is excellent but I added a hogue grip to mine anyway. It's a nice improvement. The M&P9 version will not work on the 22 because that one is built to use the removable blackstrap.

CCI tactical ammo runs this thing perfectly every time.

I have a fairly new m&p 22 with maybe 400 rounds, The first couple of mag's were a pain in the ass. One to two FTE s then it mellowed down to one per mag, Now its one every other mag, Its getting better. I didn't like the all blacked out sights, They were hard for me to see. So I painted them, I've been using fed value pack . I have other ammo I'm going to try. However i do like it :)

M&P 22 is a great gun to introduce new shooters to the sport. It's light, ergo is great and shooting it is a joy.

I love mine! However, those mags are just a pain to find and they're friggin' expensive too!!!

I hit the range today, no problems what so ever, shot 50 rounds of federal bulk and 50 rounds of blazer 22. the blazer22 has more power than the federal very noticeable. I'm just going to get fiber optic sights .The stock one's suck and i even painted them. white blade + red dot

I am a fan of Glocks for what they are No koolaid just objective analysis. However, after shooting an M&P 22, with the exceptional ergonomics , I really want to get an M&P 9 full size, now. The 22 version is accurate, dependable, and arguably the most fun out there.

I am a fan of Glocks for what they are No koolaid just objective analysis. However, after shooting an M&P 22, with the exceptional ergonomics , I really want to get an M&P 9 full size, now. The 22 version is accurate, dependable, and arguably the most fun out there.

You'll love the M&P 9... Just do the Apex trigger upgrades (I prefer the DCAEK for the M&P) and you won't regeret it. The Apex upgrades are really worth the extra cost (approx $120 I think). Be careful though, you might end up liking it better than the Glocks! ;)

I hit the range today, no problems what so ever, shot 50 rounds of federal bulk and 50 rounds of blazer 22. the blazer22 has more power than the federal very noticeable. I'm just going to get fiber optic sights .The stock one's suck and i even painted them. white blade + red dot

I put the Dawson precision front sight on mine, easy to install and makes a world of difference. Here's the link, http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT:Smith+and+Wesson+MP+.22+Front+Sights