bhunted

Foscam Security Cams and setup...

Ya must of missed something in BI.... It works flawlessly here. It's a lot more intricate than the built in webserver...

That's what's strange.. Vitamin D has been working great over the last 3 days with detecting motion and sending me alerts. Blue Iris was running for one day and it wasn't consistent with motion alerts, even when I passed my hand in front of the camera inside the window.. It didnt pick it up as motion.. (??) so I nixed it and went with Vitamin D.

Perhaps it's the software? Vitamin D is able to fairly accurately determine if an object is a person, animal or "other." Maybe whatever algo they're running is more "intelligent"?

So far over the last 2 days, I've seen (been alerted of) the landscapers, postman, and ups delivery person. =]

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

You're gonna be screwed if it snows.... ;)

f18905w

foscam001_zpsc6733a5b.jpg

have to run out be back in about 1 hour or so..

Typos courtesy Apple...

They are only about 6-8" tall. You tell me, you get a lot of snow built up on your house? :)

I dunno how hard it is for you to get to them, but if they need servicing, especially in the winter, that might be a biotch.......

do you think the snow will cover them up ?

Typos courtesy Apple...

They are only about 6-8" tall. You tell me, you get a lot of snow built up on your house? :)

I dunno how hard it is for you to get to them, but if they need servicing, especially in the winter, that might be a biotch.......

Typos courtesy Apple...

We dont get too much snow on the roof it usualy blows off or melts..

Then wing it. Did you seal up the mini connectors good from the elements? Transformer is protected? :)

We dont get too much snow on the roof it usualy blows off or melts..

Typos courtesy Apple...

If anyone was considering buying the FI8910 then a good deal on at the moment:

------------------------------

Foscam US has partnered with SweetJack.com to offer you an amazing value pack bundle deal which includes our classic FI8910W (your choice of black or white) together with matching bonus upgraded Heavy Duty 7-Piece Universal Mounting Bracket, 10ft Power Extension Cord as well as 9dbi Wireless Antenna Signal Booster.

The total retail value of this bundle is over $138 with each piece purchased individually. However, when you purchase now through this special offer you get all of this for only $78.25 including free shipping in the US.

To get the deal, click the link below to SweetJack, hit "Buy Now"

and use Promo Code "fetch10" at checkout.

GRAB IT NOW from SweetJack (discount code: "fetch10")!

http://www.sweetjack.com/products/deal/national/foscam

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at

Email: [email protected] ' [email protected] ' [email protected]

Phone:

US Toll Free: 1-800 930 0949

US/Canada Sales: (+1) 713 893 7869

US/Canada Support: (+1) 713 893 7866

UK Sales/Support: (+44) 020 8816 7860

Sincerely,

The team at www.Foscam.us

14027 Memorial Drive #132 Houston, TX 77024

------------------------------

http://www.pcworld.c...rchers-say.html

Thousands of wireless IP cameras connected to the Internet have serious security weaknesses that allow attackers to hijack them and alter their firmware, according to two researchers from security firm Qualys.

The cameras are sold under the Foscam brand in the U.S...

Thousands of wireless IP cameras connected to the Internet have serious security weaknesses that allow attackers to hijack them and alter their firmware, according to two researchers from security firm Qualys.

interesting read..

Maybe, maybe not... They all use the same security like other internet devices. Wep/Wap, etc... So IMHO, anything you open your network to could be vulnerable. Host off your own server, devices, sharing, etc...

Also, beware of sites selling low priced Foscams... A lot are nothing more than clones. Foscam is aware of this so I'm told by their reps. Make sure your firmware IS up to date as the article mentions.

Maybe, maybe not... They all use the same security like other internet devices. Wep/Wap, etc... So IMHO, anything you open your network to could be vulnerable. Host off your own server, devices, sharing, etc...

Also, beware of sites selling low priced Foscams... A lot are nothing more than clones. Foscam is aware of this so I'm told by their reps. Make sure your firmware IS up to date as the article mentions.

I purchased from Amazon but they were sold and shipped by foscam....