Cixelsid

Delay delay delay. What is one to do?

It seems a recurring theme in getting a permit to purchase or FID card is delays past 30 days which is NJ law. What is an ordinary citizen to do about this?

The 30 day law is a joke, and police do not follow it. It seems we are at the whims of the police to provide us with our RIGHTS whenever they feel like getting around to it. Paperwork seems to sit weeks and months on end, they just DON'T CARE. Now even the NICS check is taking a week. This and one gun a month is ridiculous!

Guess you haven't seen or read the plethora of other threads about the same complaints?

It seems a recurring theme in getting a permit to purchase or FID card is delays past 30 days which is NJ law. What is an ordinary citizen to do about this?

The 30 day law is a joke, and police do not follow it. It seems we are at the whims of the police to provide us with our RIGHTS whenever they feel like getting around to it. Paperwork seems to sit weeks and months on end, they just DON'T CARE. Now even the NICS check is taking a week. This and one gun a month is ridiculous!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

the 30 Day clock does not start until the PD had received all the checks back.

I applied for a change of address on my FID back in early December. I just got off the phone with the NJSP weapons officer and he told me it probably won't be ready for another 3 to 4 months due to the volume.

This is absolitely not acceptable.

What is an ordinary citizen to do about this?

We live in NJ, where less than 10% of the population are gun owners. As such, your two options are to accept it or move to another state. The overwhelming majority in this state are content with the current system, thus you should not expect any changes in your favor.

We live in NJ, where less than 10% of the population are gun owners. As such, your two options are to accept it or move to another state. The overwhelming majority in this state are content with the current system, thus you should not expect any changes in your favor.

They are content when it doesn't infringe on their rights. I get it. God forbid someone infringes their right to vote.

the 30 Day clock does not start until the PD had received all the checks back.

False.

The 30 Day clock doesn't start at all.

Lolz, Bones speaks the truth!

Although I must say, Fanwood PD actually did get my pistol permits done within 30 days of receiving the reference forms....this time. I was utterly flabbergasted when I got the call!

The Randolph police did my FID and P2P in 28 days, actually 15 days from the time references were returned (Jan/Feb '13). The problem is the new definition of INSTANT NICS which just took me 8 days - and that is not half as bad as some of the stories I have heard.

I wonder what would happen if the state was just a few days late in getting out the welfare checks or food stamps? I bet the lame steam media would be all over that, as the "major" cities in NJ all burned and the streets were filled with rioters.

False.

The 30 Day clock doesn't start at all.

If by the 30 day clock does not start at all you mean that the 30 day rule was essentially trashed by the courts, then yes. But the official answer from the Firearms Investigation unit as a clarification of NJAC is that the clock starts once your PD receive all the INFO back. Feel free to call them and find out for yourself.

If by the 30 day clock does not start at all you mean that the 30 day rule was essentially trashed by the courts, then yes. But the official answer from the Firearms Investigation unit as a clarification of NJAC is that the clock starts once your PD receive all the INFO back. Feel free to call them and find out for yourself.

How is it that the Firearms Investigation unit has been given the authority to interpret NJAC?

How is it that the Firearms Investigation unit has been given the authority to interpret NJAC?

I dont have the case law in front of me, but in a somewhat recent court decision it was held that towns will not be held to the 30 day rule in NJAC. When questioned the NJSP believes the 30 day clock, if it even exists any more, does not begin until all information is returned to the PD. Im not saying I agree with it, but its the hand we're dealt.