tommy3rd

NJ Driver's License renewal and FID

I just renewed my Driver's License today. According to the pamphlet, one of the secondary document accepted is the NJ FID. However, they did NOT accept my FID because the lady said it was laminated.

I don't know if that rule was specific to the lady, the particular agency (Wayne), or if it's a statewide thing. Just a heads up just in case you try to use the card during renewal.

More state BS, the terrorists have won. They took my FID card laminated on last trips up but then again mine is due next year so I may be in for the same treatment next time up. I got my DL in 1975 and always had carried my middle initial. A year or two after 9/11 I upgraded my DL to CDL and they busted my balls over my middle initial. DMV said because it was not on the birth cert they needed to take it off. That’s funny because my middle initial is on my Tax returns, Passport, NJ FID card, pay checks, credit cards and just about every bill or junk mail I receive. So now that my middle initial is removed from my DL (after 28 – 29 years) and they will not take your laminated NJ FID card I know we are now safe from Muslim extremists

It used to be that the "FID" card was worth like 6 ID points or something, I think 1 pt more than a US Passport. Made renewals real easy...

But ofcourse, it also encourages folks to get a "FID", and we just cant have dat!!!!

Living in NJ can be like working for a bad boss.

I used it last time, and so did my wife. Both FPID cards are laminated. This was Eatontown, and a couple of years ago.

Maybe it's the state and follows the logic of changing to paper car (and boat) registrations. They want documents to self-destruct before they need to be renewed.

Interesting. I asked when I got mine if it was OK to laminate it and they said sure no problem. But I decided not to and just keep it in a plastic sleeve that can be removed if needed. I recall years ago when we had paper licenses it was prohibited to laminate them, so maybe this is where the DMV is coming from. Oh wait, its not called DMV anymore is it? It has a kinder and nicer name :)

I just renewed my Driver's License today. According to the pamphlet, one of the secondary document accepted is the NJ FID. However, they did NOT accept my FID because the lady said it was laminated.

I don't know if that rule was specific to the lady, the particular agency (Wayne), or if it's a statewide thing. Just a heads up just in case you try to use the card during renewal.

The MVC in Lawrenceville took mine as well laminated, sounds like that woman was a moron which is just all too common in these state agencies.

I will NOT say anything nice about Wayne... They are Nazi Arseholes with a capital "A"! They make up rules as they go along. Head over to Lodi or somewhere else. Every time I go to Wayne, I come out pissed because of their ignorance and stupidity... FOOK THEM!

Fortunately I haven't had to use Wayne for 20+ years, actually took my DL test there back in the 80's. When I lived in Vernon and hot my first FID the chief told me to laminate it, as did the Boonton police when I changed my address.

I had a usps package to ship, took it to local postal office and the lady would not accept it because i taped the label to the box. I asked her how i was suppose to apply it to the box ?

she said tape the outer edges so the scanner can read it that it was a new postal regulation.. And i said what if it gets wet and ruins the label? she replied mail does not get wet it is inside and i laughed at her. now i use s different post office and they accept my taped label.

I have also been back to my local postal office and shipped out with no problem different worker.. So it is the individual that makes the difference. Some people just want to be difficult.

I had this problem. I unlaminated my fid and went back, and spoke with a different person. I asked of the no lamination thing is policy and she claimed that the guy I spoke to was wrong. I was told that he would be updated on policy.

Avoid the wayne dmv at all costs! Tried to register a homade trailer there and was told every time a different piece of paperwork was wrong. Took the same forms to oakland dmv and was in and out in 10 minutes. Just renewed my licence at oakland dmv last month, accepted my laminated fid card no problem.

I had a usps package to ship, took it to local postal office and the lady would not accept it because i taped the label to the box. I asked her how i was suppose to apply it to the box ?

she said tape the outer edges so the scanner can read it that it was a new postal regulation.. And i said what if it gets wet and ruins the label? she replied mail does not get wet it is inside and i laughed at her. now i use s different post office and they accept my taped label.

I have also been back to my local postal office and shipped out with no problem different worker.. So it is the individual that makes the difference. Some people just want to be difficult.

In all forms of life and all professions.

Use this opportunity to stick it to the MVC worker (she IS a Communications Worker Union member just like the DYFS employees), file a complaint, call your assemblyman and state senator, inform them of the violation of state regulations concerning valid forms of ID. It's time we shaft EVERY state worker that dares trifle with us.

Use this opportunity to stick it to the MVC worker (she IS a Communications Worker Union member just like the DYFS employees), file a complaint, call your assemblyman and state senator, inform them of the violation of state regulations concerning valid forms of ID. It's time we shaft EVERY state worker that dares trifle with us.

It is not shafting anyone, simply holding them accountable

jm1827:

You are correct, I erred in composing my sentence, it's not "shafting" the employee but it MUST be reported.

Christie has ordered an investigation into the Carney's Point FB case and this incident where an FID was denied as a form of ID must also be investigated. We all know with the union protections afforded state workers not much is likely to be done penalty wise to the MVC employee but it will demonstrate we pro-2nd Amendment advocates will NOT allow us or our Right's to be trampled for any reason.

My wife picked up her card last week and the PD asked her if she wanted it laminated.

My wife swears by this rule "if whoever is in front of does not give you what you want ask for a supervisor"