Parker

Hackensack man shot two people with pellet gun

Sniping people on State Street? That's a block from the Hackensack Court House. I don't understand people. Maybe he found out the Easter Bunny isn't real? What a "maroon."

http://www.northjers...pellet_gun.html

HACKENSACK — A city man has been arrested for allegedly shooting two people in separate incidents with a pellet gun from the window of his State Street apartment, authorities said Friday.

032913mug2_dngre.jpg

PHOTO COURTESY OF HACKENSACK POLICE DEPT.

Nicholas Battaglia, 25, of Hackensack, was charged with shooting two people with a pellet gun.

032913mug1_dngre.jpg

PHOTO COURTESY OF HACKENSACK POLICE DEPT.

Rebecca Battaglia, 30, his sister, was charged with obstructing justice and hindering prosecution.

Nicholas Battaglia, 25, was arrested Wednesday night following an investigation into two pellet gun shootings, on March 11 and March 22, said Capt. Thomas Salcedo of the Hackensack police. He was charged with two counts each of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, and one count of unlawful possession of a weapon, Salcedo said.

Battaglia’s sister, Rebecca Battaglia, 30, who lives at the same State Street address, was arrested for allegedly sending text messages to her brother about hiding the pellet gun, Salcedo said. She was charged with obstructing justice and hindering prosecution.

The pellet gun was recovered inside their apartment, Salcedo said.

Nicholas Battaglia was being held Friday at the Bergen County jail in Hackensack in lieu of $75,000 cash bail. He also was charged with tampering with evidence, according to jail records. Rebecca Battaglia was issued summonses and released, Salcedo said.

The first victim was a 31-year-old woman who heard two popping noises and felt a burning sensation in the back of one of her legs as she walked with her 9-year-old daughter in a Pizza Hut restaurant parking lot at 9:15 p.m., Salcedo said.

He said she sought treatment at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, where a pellet was removed. Police also found a chip in the Pizza Hut building that also appeared to have been caused by a pellet, he said.

Eleven days later, Salcedo said, a 22-year-old man was walking across the same parking lot at 6 p.m. when he also heard two pops and felt a burning in his leg. The victim removed a pellet that pierced his skin and discovered that another pellet had hit the book bag he was carrying, Salcedo said.

no offense to anyone but is it odd to share a home with your sister at that age? I dunno maybe it's just me... either way they are both idiots...

I Would have to say no to this. over the past 4 or 5 years, i've been seeing more and more of my customers moving back in with family, be it parent, or sibling. it's more a sign of the times i think.

I Would have to say no to this. over the past 4 or 5 years, i've been seeing more and more of my customers moving back in with family, be it parent, or sibling. it's more a sign of the times i think.

I guess it's just odd to me then, I could never imagine moving in with either of my siblings.... Yikes lol love em to death but live with em never again!