maintenanceguy

Fingerprinting for Out of State CCWs

I just received my application packet for AZ CCW permit. I'm planning on also doing a VA but haven't received the application yet.

There were two fingerprint cards enclosed.

For those who have out of state CCWs, where did you get your fingerprints done?

i hope i'm not being inappropriate here, but this seems like a good place to ask this, rather than a whole new thread....

why is everyone getting carry permits for all of these other states if nj doesn't honor anyone elses?

when I lived in NJ I spent a fair amount of time out of state... occasionally to Philly for things like concerts in the city.. I would never go into that place without a gun especially when some of these shows did not let out till like midnight.... I always felt better leaving concert venues walking to my car knowing I was armed.. because of this I had a FL permit.. which unfortunately is soon to no longer be honored in PA..

i hope i'm not being inappropriate here, but this seems like a good place to ask this, rather than a whole new thread....

why is everyone getting carry permits for all of these other states if nj doesn't honor anyone elses?

I live 10 minutes from PA and it's my little protest to NJ to spend my money out of state and carry freely there. I used to also buy powerball when NJ didn't have it. I still buy my lotto out of state so people don't ask if I win (yeah, I know that's a bit silly). Also, after Sandy when everyone in NJ was lining up for gas for hours I went to PA and filled up, no lines. I also buy ammo in PA so my name isn't in a little black book that the po-po can stick their nose in when they feel like it. Why I didn't buy a house in PA in the first place? Beats me but the real estate market is shit now so I can't exactly easily move.

I also go to other states on a regular basis like CT and I go to Ohio for a few days at least once per year.

Forget about NJ, if you travel for vacation, business or whatever, you go for any states non-resident permits you can get so you can carry in those states and any states that will honor those states non-resident permits.

An update:

Called my local NJSP barracks this afternoon. The trooper I talked to hadn't heard of anyone getting fingerprints done for other states but said that If I stopped by, somebody could probably help me.

I stopped by and everybody was very helpful - as usual in this barracks. It was obvious that nobody had used ink and paper to take prints in a very long time but with some practice on blank paper, we figured out how to do it and my prints are now done.

The few troopers I talked to were curious about why a NJ resident would apply for an AZ CCW permit.

This thread is interesting b/c Arizona and Virginia are on the way and I called Local Police department and I was told " we only do that for people who need it for state or federal jobs, you need to go to MorphoTrak." I said "But both states are requesting the Fingerprint cards not MorphoTrak" She said, " Well we don't do that unless it's for government jobs."

She was incredibly rude and short and pretty much hung up on me. I called the State Police Barracks in Hammonton and the trooper that does that left for the day so I'll call tomorrow.

F that local PD-Morpho will not only do print cards in ink-but they will not specifically do ANY prints unless requested by an employer or agency. The guy even told my wife it was "illegal" for him to print out the digital copies if the prints she had done for her initial FPID.

State Police it is...

You can always go to GFH and have them do it. They will happily do it for you for a small fee, but it's worth it to avoid the hassle with your local PD.

AZ doesn't specify who must do the prints. I could probably do them myself. But VA requires that they be done by LEO and requires the LEOS signature and contact information so they can verify.

Just had mine done in Raritan Township this afternoon for my VA permit. No problem at all. In and out in 10 minutes. They were great. I had my 7 year old with me and they gave him a badge sticker. He was thrilled. :-)