Vicious

Need help with prices...

Someone I know is looking to get rid of a rifle or two, specifically a Mauser and a Enfield. The problem is that the seller and I have no idea of the value (he doesn't know the exact model, etc...), and I would like to buy one off of him. I would prefer not to under, or overpay.

They are in decent condition, and are both shooters. The stocks seem like they have no structural problems, and the actions feel smooth and solid. the outside of the receivers and barrels on both show some patina, but it appears to be very minor. I took pictures of all the markings I could find, as well as an overall shot of each rifle. Sorry if the pics aren't too good.

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Vicious_Pics/library/Rifles

P.S. I couldn't get the pics in the post.

Thanks, I'll look into that. When he told me "a Mauser and Enfield" I was expecting something different. I'm not sure what they are, but they still look like fun shooters.

Is the bayonet on the M44 NJ legal?

... I think the other is a Carcano M38.

Where the eff did he get Mauser and Enfield? Hahaha, still have no idea of what they are worth.

Thanks, I'll look into that. When he told me "a Mauser and Enfield" I was expecting something different. I'm not sure what they are, but they still look like fun shooters.

Is the bayonet on the M44 NJ legal?

... I think the other is a Carcano M38.

Where the eff did he get Mauser and Enfield? Hahaha, still have no idea of what they are worth.

If its a bolt action you can have whatever you want except a 16 rd magazine. Bayonet, pistol grip, flash surpressor, etc are all okay.

The second rifle looks like a Carcano m38 Carbine . The stock serial number is not matching to the barrel serial number, that affects value. I think that maybe worth in the $150-200 price range. Could be worth $300 or so if the stock and barrel serial numbers were matching.

OP - you have a Hungarian M44, doesn't look like any numbers are matching on it. As Ted said, $175 - $200

The other is a M38 Carcano in 7.35 Carcano, As pasu0115 said $150-$200 with the sling. Keep in mind, no one currently makes 7.35 Carcano ammo, so you will need to form it from 6.5 Carcano brass and load it yourself or get pricey unreliable surplus ammo. Hornady is rumored to be coming out with factory ammo in 7.35 Carcano, but I have yet to see it.

If its a bolt action you can have whatever you want except a 16 rd magazine. Bayonet, pistol grip, flash surpressor, etc are all okay.

Why can't he have a 16 rd. magazine? Bullet box capacity only factors in when talking about semi-autos.

Really now? Can we find a way to pin a 75 round drum on there? lol

2C39-1(y) "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm."

If you mount a drum be sure to post pics.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By rifleman
      Model 1891 Argentine Mauser 7.65 x 53 with bayonet. Not an exact match but fits pretty good. This fine weapon is an engineering marvel well over 100 years old. Ramp sight to 900 yards for harassing fire to prevent free movement in the enemy's camp. Steel is in pretty good condition. All threads have been lubricated and work fine. Crack in upper handguard & the stock was secured with 2 screws. I have shot this many times and he is a beast. If your'e looking for a shooter, Boyd's has replacement stocks and you can take your spot on the line with fine German craftsmanship.
      Barrel has all the right stamps and marks according to several articles.
      I had this gun for 35 years and time for a new home. I used to display it in my office with the bayonet but it looked way too scary.
      22 boxes (440 rounds) of new ammo included. They go for $40 per box now! 
      Rifle, bayonet (with metal sheath) & ammo $450 or trade for 12g target ammo/silver. I can bring it to Central Jersey Rifle Pistol Club for inspection.
      First reply I'll take it gets the prize

• By sunriseantiques
      46 Handguns, Long Guns, and Shotguns will be sold at live auction on July 13th 2018 at 9:00 AM in Chesterfield. The guns will be sold as part of our regular monthly auction. Details at http://sunrise-antiques.com...The address is 79 Old York Rd Chesterfield, NJ 08515, 888-639-4443.
      Live bidding is available via Proxibid: https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=147320
      Lot:1 | Make:F.I.E. Corp| Model:Titan |Serial #:DE09690F | Type:pistol| Caliber:.25 Lot:2 | Make:Davis Industries| Model:P-32 |Serial #:P054137 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.32 Lot:3 | Make:Made in W Germany| Model:PIC |Serial #:6408 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.22 Lot:4 | Make:Sauer & Sohn| Model:Sauer Western 6 Shooter |Serial #:A14988 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.22 Lot:5 | Make:Smith & Wesson| Model:66-2 |Serial #:N0007 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.357 Lot:6 | Make:Hopkins & Allen| Model:Forehand Model 1801 |Serial #:9009 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.32 Lot:7 | Make:Harrington & Richardson| Model:n/a |Serial #:nsn | Type:revolver| Caliber:.32 Lot:8 | Make:Ruger| Model:New Model Single Six |Serial #:262-50454 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.22 Lot:9 | Make:Smith & Wesson| Model:686 |Serial #:AAK4043M | Type:revolver| Caliber:.357 Lot:10 | Make:Smith & Wesson| Model:41 |Serial #:A671543 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.22 Lot:11 | Make:Smith & Wesson| Model:669 |Serial #:TAW4377 | Type:pistol| Caliber:9mm Lot:12 | Make:Walther| Model:P38 |Serial #:SL749571 | Type:pistol| Caliber:.9mm Lot:13 | Make:Taurus| Model:454 Casull Raging Bull |Serial #:1901591 | Type:revolver| Caliber:.454 Lot:14 | Make:Lot of magazines (non NJ residents only)| Model:n/a |Serial #:n/a | Type:n/a| Caliber:n/a Lot:15 | Make:Charter Arms| Model:AR 7 Explorer |Serial #:A295173 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.22 Lot:16 | Make:Remington| Model:10 |Serial #:214963 | Type:shotgun| Caliber:.12 Lot:17 | Make:Mauser| Model:Agentino 1891 |Serial #:N0007 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.306 Lot:18 | Make:Wnchester| Model:1300 |Serial #:L3485993 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.12 Lot:19 | Make:Enfield| Model:n/a |Serial #:No5MKIROF(F) 6/45 N3546 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.303 Lot:20 | Make:Winchester| Model:70 |Serial #:482449 | Type:rifle| Caliber:.243 Lot:21 | Make:Mauser (Preduzece 44)| Model:98 |Serial #:F8379 | Type:rifle| Caliber:8mm Lot:22 | Make:Remington Armory| Model:1917 Mosin Nagant |Serial #:722389 | Type:rifle| 7.62x54 Lot:23 | Make:New England Firearms| Model:Partner Model |Serial #:NP367039 | Type:shotgun| .12 Lot:24 | Make:Savage| Model:300 |Serial #:517196 | Type:rifle| .300 Lot:25 | Make:Winchester| Model:61 |Serial #:170026 | Type:rifle| .22 Lot:26 | Make:Norberto Arizmendi| Model:Norica |Serial #:116244 | Type:shotgun| .410 Lot:27 | Make:Mossberg | Model:702 Plinkster |Serial #:EHB321657 | Type:rifle| .22 Lot:28 | Make:German Mauser | Model:98 |Serial #:1225 | Type:rifle| 8mm Lot:29 | Make:Enfield| Model:SHT LE III |Serial #:20016 | Type:rifle| .303 Lot:30 | Make:Marlin| Model:39A |Serial #:nsn | Type:rifle| .22 Lot:31 | Make:Thompson Center Arms| Model:Scout |Serial #:33678 | Type:rifle| .54 Lot:32 | Make:Ruger| Model:M77 Mark II |Serial #:784-46172 | Type:rifle| .270 Lot:33 | Make:Mauser (German marked Swastika)| Model:98 |Serial #:8138 | Type:rifle| 8mm Lot:34 | Make:Remington| Model:700 |Serial #:172797 | Type:rifle| 7mm Lot:35 | Make:Made in Italy| Model:Franchi |Serial #:57470 | Type:shotgun| .12 Lot:36 | Make:Marlin| Model:45 |Serial #:5567928 | Type:rifle| .45 Lot:37 | Make:Norinco| Model:MAK-90 Sporter |Serial #:9437141 | Type:rifle| 7.62x39mm Lot:38 | Make:Winchester| Model:270 |Serial #:401791 | Type:rifle| .22 Lot:39 | Make:Mossberg | Model:152 |Serial #:80109 | Type:rifle| .22 Lot:40 | Make:Winchester (as is)| Model:1873 |Serial #:189 | Type:rifle| .44-.40 Lot:41 | Make:HiPoint| Model:4095 |Serial #:H11571 | Type:rifle| .40 Lot:42 | Make:Crescent Firearms| Model:No 60 Empire Hamerless |Serial #:7997 | Type:shotgun| .12 Lot:43 | Make:Made in Austria| Model:Mannlicher Schoenauer |Serial #:nsn | Type:rifle| 6.5x54mm Lot:44 | Make:Beretta| Model:A 300 |Serial #:A32756E | Type:shotgun| .12 Lot:45 | Make:Crescent Firearms| Model:n/a |Serial #:418569 | Type:shotgun| .20 Lot:45A | Make:Remington| Model:7400 |Serial #:8534804 | Type:rifle| 30-06 Lot:45B | Make:Ruger| Model:Seven |Serial #:7608405 | Type:rifle| .243

• By remixer
      Egyptian Hakim 8mm Mauser. 
      Semi Auto.  All original.  Shellac finish which is mostly intact.  Includes Original Magazine
      $700.00 including Nics.

• By anactivegrenade
      Hey guys! So my FID is coming in a few weeks, and I already have a rifle waiting for me at my FFL.

I got a Yugo M24/47 Mauser from GunBroker for pretty cheap, around $200, and it's in great shape. It's got some mismatched serial numbers though, and the stock has been refinished, so it's not a collectable by any means.

I'm thinking of possibly sporterizing it. I heard of some good, yet reversible, things that could really improve the rifle.

1. Putting in either Mojo sights OR a S&K mount with a scout scope.
      2. Replacing the trigger with a Timney trigger.
      3. Replacing the stock with a sporter stock to reduce the weight.

I've also considered re-barreling it into a different caliber (maybe .308?) but this would be pretty costly and I'd need a gunsmith to do it.

What are your thoughts, guys? How would you sporter a Yugo Mauser?
    • Yea, I'm pretty sure none of mine have the bayonet lug, so we're good there.  This whole "non-NFA/other" thing still baffles the heck out of me, but I like it. haha.  You measure from threaded part of barrel to end of buffer tube for OAL, correct?
    • If any of them have a bayonet lug, that has to go too. The key features are the VFG and a minimum overall length of 26". The barrel length is not a problem. There are longer than milspec receiver extensions that will make an AR with a shorter barrel legal as a non-NFA Other.
    • No problem thanks for getting back to me.
    • Tactical as hell in 1865 !
    • Before you tell me not to move to NJ, I know, it sucks. lol  I actually lived in Jersey most of my life and moved over to PA 5 years ago, and now I plan on coming back.  I bought my first firearms when I was a NJ resident, so I am pretty familiar with the laws, however I do have a couple questions... I have acquired a nice collection while living in PA and obviously want to make sure I follow the law when I come back.  I have a few AR's that I built myself.  As long as I pin the stock and replace the flash hider with a pinned/welded muzzle brake, I am good, right? Also, regarding the "Other/Non-NFA firearms", would it be the same deal?  I have a couple AR pistol style firearms that I built.  The stripped receivers were bought as "other" on the ATF form at the FFL.  So, if I ensure the barrel is at least 12.5" and there's a vertical foregrip, would I be good?   I appreciate any assistance.