awynne56

transportion of ammo

There is no limit. As long as your within the exemption of going to/ from range, store, home, you should be okay

In a manner of speaking there is... If your car is overloaded, and you're dragging, then you'll likely get a ticket for unsafe operation...

Otherwise bry@n is correct.

There is no limit. As long as your within the exemption of going to/ from range, store, home, you should be okay

As long as they are not hollow points, why does it matter where you're transporting from/to?

As long as they are not hollow points, why does it matter where you're transporting from/to?

Yeah, this. I always thought that transporting ammo has no restrictions (or better yet, it doesn't have to fall within any of the exemptions) unless it is hallow points.

I don't know if it needs to be locked up, but it is probably a good idea and it should be stored preferably in the rear of vehicle, in particular the trunk and away from access by people in the front. It cannot be stored in the same case that a firearm is stored in and should not be stored in a magazine, etc. And, there is no reason to call attention to it by making it visible, etc. It would not be a good idea to have in glove box, etc.

It needs to be locked up and preferably in the rear of vehicle, in particular the trunk. And, there is no reason to call attention to it by making it visible, etc.

show the law that states it has to be locked up?

it does NOT have to be locked up... the gun has to be unloaded and in a container (or wrapped up)... there is no qualifier for ammo... you can have ammo in your front seat..

I hope thats an april fools joke?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Whether its the law or not, it is definitely prudent in this state.

I don't know if it needs to be locked up, but it is probably a good idea and it should be stored preferably in the rear of vehicle, in particular the trunk and away from access by people in the front. It cannot be stored in the same case that a firearm is stored in and should not be stored in a magazine, etc. And, there is no reason to call attention to it by making it visible, etc. It would not be a good idea to have in glove box, etc.

Are you citing law or is this your reading of the law?

What law made you think that ammo needed to be locked up in your vehicle? So what you telling me is if I go buy a case of shotgun shells from Dicks lets say.. On my way home I have to lock that up in my truck to transport it home???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

NO..... you are fine.... can be on the seat next to you....

There is no

Whether its the law or not, it is definitely prudent in this state.

Not owning a gun is prudent too.

But really, ammo by itself cannot do anything. No big deal.

AFAIK, the only laws against ammo (apart from general hazmat regs) are for hollow point bullets and purchase of handgun ammo in state.