Sludog

Lever action .22 rifles...Which one to get?

Lever guns are nice, but Henry seems to fall short.  The Henry is fairly difficult to repair and expensive.  Bulk ammo sometimes does not function well in it and it has a sheet metality to it.

Wow, I could not possibly disagree with you any more.

You can get an Umberti .22 lever but they are pricey compared to Henry and Marlins. You get what you pay for though because they are built like tanks.

They are tough to find and I have only seen them for sale on gunbroker.

My father has a marlin 56 that has not been shot since I was a kid and I am not exactly young either.. I have been trying to talk him into letting me shoot it... The only other problem is that he has no idea were the magazine ended up after they moved 10 yea ago

We got ours at L&H in Wall.

For a larger store, one of their (older) firearms guys is just... Well, UNLIKE most other large NJ shops.  Willing to spend time and talk guns and have you handle stuff and well, it kinda brings a tear to my eye.  For anyone in the area, I truly recommend you try L&H in Wall, especially if you happen to be looking for other hunting and fishing and shooting accessories as well.

This is not meant to disparage any of the fine ffl's here on NJGF.