BlueLineFish

Revolver Roll Call

you gonna put that barrel on yourself?

Unfortunately no, that's something I have to outsource... I dont have the mechanical know how or tools to change a barrel out ( yet )

can do most other things on a revolver, but barrel swap is out of my comfort zone. 

Im looking for one of those ruger alaskan! Nice!!!

Perhaps you read this true story. It was in all the gun rags at the time. The gun he used is the Alaskan in .454 Casull.

King season is over, and since I had a day off before silvers start, I thought I would go for a walk! This

occurred at 11:16 am this morning (Sunday), just 2/10 of a mile from my house, ON OUR ROAD while walking my dogs (trying to get in shape for hunting season, ironically!) for the record, this is in a

residential area-not back in the woods, no bow hunting, no stealth occurring... I heard a twig snap, and looked back...full on charge-a huge brownie, ears back, head low and motorin' full speed! Came with zero warning; no woof, no popping of the teeth, no standing up, nothing like what you think or see on TV! It charged from less

than 20 yards and was on me in

About one-second! Totally surreal-I

just started shooting in the general

Direction, and praise God that

my second shot (or was it my third?)

Rolled him at 5 feet and he

skidded to a stop 10 feet BEYOND where I was

Shooting from-I actually

sidestepped him and fell over backwards on the

Last shot, and his

momentum carried him to a stop past where I fired my

First shot!

It was a prehistoric old boar-no teeth, no fat-weighed

between 900-1000

Lbs and took five men to DRAG it onto a tilt-bed

trailer! Big bear-its

Paw measured out at about a 9 1/2 footer!

Never-ever-thought "it" would happen to me! It’s always

some other shmuck, Right?

Well, no bull- I am still high on adrenaline,

with my gut in a Knot. Feels like I did 10000 crunches

without stopping! Almost puked for

An hour after, had the burps and

couldn't even stand up as the troopers

Conducted their investigation!

Totally wiped me out-cant even put that

Feeling into words, by far

the most emotion I have ever felt at once!

No doubt that God was

with me, as I brought my Ruger .454 Casull (and

Some "hot" 350 grain

solids) just for the heck of it, and managed to

Draw and snap shoot

(pointed, never even aimed!) from the hip! Total

Luck shot!

All I can say is Praise God for my safety and for choosing

to leave theWife and kids at home on this walk!

Got a charter tomorrow, so gonna TRY

To get some sleep now!

Talk to ya soon,

-Greg Brush

How can you not want a gun that can take down a grizzly and also shoot mild cowboy .45 colt loads for fun at the range. I have not shot any .454 yet due to tendonitis problems but I do use it as one of my home defense guns loaded with 250 grain .45 colt Speer Gold Dots. I also keep a speed loader filled with 300 gr. .45 Colt +P which is more than enough for the black bear around here.

personal preference, but I feel it's much quicker on the reload as you dont have to shift your hand to hit the factory release. 

How does the release work? Do you push it forward or pull down towards the handle? I have never seen anything like that. Looks wicked cool.  Did you machine that or can you buy this in a shop? 

How does the release work? Do you push it forward or pull down towards the handle? I have never seen anything like that. Looks wicked cool.  Did you machine that or can you buy this in a shop? 

houge makes them, you push forward.

Trudy is home from her surgery. 

she now needs some fine detail adjustments, and some green fiber optic sights.... gotta take her out for some live fire and see if she likes a .300 or .250 better.

Alec:

How are you going to change the front sight? That appears to be an integral sight/base/rib - not a pinned blade. Are you going to machine off the sight/base & rib and use Wiegand's DX sight base?

Also, what width blade do you use? You still have young (good) eyes - I have found that, being an old codger, I like a .100" wide blade with the stock rear sight. If the front is the standard .125", then I prefer a .140" notch in the rear sight blade (Wiegand makes a rear sight blade for that, too). I like the extra light showing around the front sight that those set-ups allow me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Alec:

How are you going to change the front sight? That appears to be an integral sight/base/rib - not a pinned blade. Are you going to machine off the sight/base & rib and use Wiegand's DX sight base?

Also, what width blade do you use? You still have young (good) eyes - I have found that, being an old codger, I like a .100" wide blade with the stock rear sight. If the front is the standard .125", then I prefer a .140" notch in the rear sight blade (Wiegand makes a rear sight blade for that, too). I like the extra light showing around the front sight that those set-ups allow me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, it is a pinned front sight, just blended into the bluing real nice - lucked out in that aspect!

I fitted a .250 height HI-VIZ front sight and sent like 200 rounds down at the range just earlier.

I have the rear sight bottomed out and she's still shooting a touch too high for my liking... looks like I need a taller front sight.

I have a SDM .300 sight that I just installed, and had Nick replace the broken fiber optic in it, thanks buddy! - Just gotta make a few hundred more rounds to finish up reliability testing and sight in before i'm ready to debut her for USPSA.

I've been interested in checking out the bowen rear sights with white outlines, might spludge on one when I get some extra scratch.

S_WRoughCountrySq.jpg

I've been interested in checking out the bowen rear sights with white outlines, might spludge on one when I get some extra scratch.

S_WRoughCountrySq.jpg

Have you seen the PSI sight? Looks like the one Smith uses on the Competition models. I'll send you a link in the morning.

Adios,

Pizza Bob