BlueLineFish

Revolver Roll Call

Now I just need to break it in!  Quick question about that.....do I need to lube or oil or do anything before going shooting with it for the first time?

If you want to lube and oil before going then it's your preference. The gun on the other hand will be fine without.  :onthequiet:

Sorry couldn't resist. 

Thanks the big one was my ruger gp100 which is blued I believe, and the little guy is my taurus 617 which I believe is a black finish... I have a blued ruger redhawk 44 magnum coming next month, cant wait. I have one more permit to use so im thinking ill get something in stainless or nickel not sure, leaning towards revolver...

new addition to the revolver stable!

picked me up yet another S&W 625. This is a newer model.. JM Series / 4" Barrel / 6 rounds of .45acp moonclipped goodness

have some plans for this one, gonna throw on a 6.5" barrel, Titanium cylinder, some big butts, trigger work, bobb the hammer.... and have me a nice alt rig for uspsa..

9117644177_5657ba44e5_b.jpg

9119869782_e4321f002a_b.jpg

new addition to the revolver stable!

picked me up yet another S&W 625. This is a newer model.. JM Series / 4" Barrel / 6 rounds of .45acp moonclipped goodness

have some plans for this one, gonna throw on a 6.5" barrel, Titanium cylinder, some big butts, trigger work, bobb the hammer.... and have me a nice alt rig for uspsa..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice gun

Sweet gun. Did you pick her up at one of the weekends shows? What does a "JM series" add? Is it like a pro series with different grips and worked trigger? 

bought it from a private seller @ my club.

JM stands for jerry miculek, it's his " signutare series ". Other then a few cosmetic things, it's the same as any other 625... but as far as I know, the only 625s in production today.

The grips , i hate ... they feel like a slippery banana, too small, too short.   I'll be replacing them with some wooden houge big butts like on the rest of my revolvers.

Stock trigger is moot for me since I work over all my S&W triggers.... But comparable to any stock S&W you pick up in the gun store.

hey guys can we see more pics of revolvers with some nice wood grips, I'm getting a blued ruger redhawk 44 magnum next month and want some ideas... I know, i know hogue grips with 44 magnum but it's not like I'm gonna shoot thousands of rounds a day! i can't afford the ammo anyway! lol...

1977 Colt Python - un-fired!

I'll be happy to fire a few 100 rounds thru her if you need. Lol

Is this part of your collection or are you selling?

I saw a few smith wheel guns you had for sale but I am guessing they are gone already.

Here's the only picture of my only revolver, a Smith and Wesson model 67-5. I bought it brand new a few months ago, but soon noticed that the barrel is canted/clocked to the left. Not happy!!!! The revolver is back with Smith and Wesson for repair under warranty; I sure hope they do a good job. I'm not counting on too much based on what I've seen and heard from others. Ultimately, if I can get another P2P, I'd like to sell the 67-5 and buy a model 15, preferably blued. In the case of a revolver, I'm thinking that some of the older ones were put together better and with more "quality control." I know that there are always problems, but the number of canted barrels in the newer revolvers is kind of scary.

lol, pizza bob! yeah I knew about hogue wood but I was thinking since its a 44 and most would say only get rubber grips and not wood... nice wood there though anyone else sell wood? and nice colt! what does something like that go for?

My newest and currently my favorite.  45 colt/.410 Taurus Judge 3" cylinder with 3" barrel.  Admittedly, it's the spork of the shooting world, not the best spoon, not the best fork, but it's still a lot of fun to shoot.

taurus-judge.jpg

It's already dispatched one ground hog, half a box of clay pigeons, several paper targets, milk jugs, an overripe cantaloupe, and a couple of sheets of plywood (to pattern shot shells).  Shooting 45 colt is more accurate than I had imagined for a 3 inch barrel but it's still a close range gun.  .410 game loads pattern at about 20" at 15 yds.  3" 000 buck shot sends out five .36 caliber pellets - each with the same muzzle energy of a .380.  The recoil is far less than I had imagined when shooting 2-1/2" .410 shells or 45 colt.  3" magnum .410 buckshot really kicks.  The day I bought it, I took off a few hours from work to pick it up and stopped home to shoot a few rounds.  After about 25 shots in a variety of ammo, I noticed my elbow hurting on the drive back to the job.  All is good with the elbow but you feel the 3" buck.

Not a practical gun but definitely a fun gun.  I just wish it didn't cost $5 a minute to shoot.  It probably won't be my first choice for ccw.