BlueLineFish

Revolver Roll Call

I know i've posted this before, but as of today - 625 is done.

Found me a titanium cylinder... FINNALLY, after about 6 months of looking.

Two Tone Trudy, is now Tri-Tone Trudy!

Feels good, balances nice with the Titanium cylinder, and lost a good bit of weight. 

11825043034_2a4b1dca60_b.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 625 5" Model of 1989

228C692B-E75F-4458-8FE2-021E783DD6D5-151

Hmm, maybe pizza bob will clarify, But I dont think that's an actual model 1989.

Looks to me somebody put a 5" barrel on a newer frame. 

Lock on side , MIM trigger, MIM hammer... 

What is the dash number of the gun ? " 625 - ? "

-Alec

Hmm, maybe pizza bob will clarify, But I dont think that's an actual model 1989.

Looks to me somebody put a 5" barrel on a newer frame. 

Lock on side , MIM trigger, MIM hammer... 

What is the dash number of the gun ? " 625 - ? "

-Alec

I think that they used that designation for a number of years on the 625's - not just for those made/released in 1989. Just as the "Model of 1955" was used on all Model 25's regardless of year of manufacture. The one pictured would have to be a Model 625-8, at a minimum, as that was the engineering change that included the IL. That engineering change occurred in 2001.

Model nomenclature for the 625 series is all over the board and even has the experts (Supica & Nahas) confused. The 625 was introduced as a 625-2 - there were no 625's or 625-1's. Even though the early ones were rollmarked "Model of 1988" they were released in March of 1989. At some point, even though they remained 625-2's, the barrel marking changed to "Model of 1989" and it was laser etched, as opposed to the actual rollmark of the "Model of 1988" guns.

The model 25 & 625 are among the most confusing for the reasons given above, plus the model designation was used for both .45 ACP and .45 Colt.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

you are right nickel. I thought the 5 was for the 5" barrel

BLF the thing that clued me in to you had a Model 10 not a 64 was the barrel length. The longest barrel S&W made the 64 was 4". Pencil barrel the firsr year (1972) and heavy barrel after that.

However to my experience the 5" Model 10 is a rare bird as far as Model 10s go and if that's a factory nickel finish even rarer.