mattio41

ATTN: Paramedics - Fireman - Police Officers - First Responders

Greetings and Salutations,

Back in December, While traveling abroad. I was involved in a very tragic and serious traffic accident. Although I was not directly involved in the accident itself. I was one of the very first on the scene. I had originally wrote about it that day, the original thread is here: http://njgunforums.c...__fromsearch__1

It has taken me some time to really start talking about what happened that day. And some help from one of our fellow board members here (medicyeti) did help me come to understand and deal with some of my emotions. But I have not forgotten, i still see some of visions, and run through in my head, "What more could I have done", and "How could I have done things differently" ??

That being said, I am a part of NJ2AS, and was having dinner last night with Frank Fiamingo. I had brought up this story to him, and had asked if I can pursue a series of seminars, that would be sponsored by NJ2AS. I am interested in creating a task force that can help coordinate, assist, offer professional services as a community outreach program for our members and anybody else who wishes to join us.

I would like to focus on several different areas.

- First Aid and what you should know

- Disaster Relief Planning: We all just lived through Hurricane Sandy, maybe we can talk about how to plan for disasters

- Home Security: I am sure we all think we are secure, but what can we do to really protect and secure our homes and families.

- Fire Prevention and what we should do in the event of a fire.

If you are willing to help be a part of this, I ask that you comment and contact me. This is the initial posting here, and I will be posting on the NJ2AS Facebook page also. I would like to be able to do these seminars in multiple locations of the state, so that we can try to reach out to as many people as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope to hear from you..

Tell me what you need if anything like that is of assistance ;-)

I need EVERYTHING and ANYTHING !!!

- Volunteers who can help coordinate regionally

- Experts who can help come in and speak to our groups

- Locations that we can have these seminars

You name it, I need it.

I can teach most EMS centric classes. (Certified to certify)

I waa also professionally involved with evacuations for Irene and Sandy and shelters as well.

Healthcare disaster management etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I can teach most EMS centric classes. (Certified to certify)

I waa also professionally involved with evacuations for Irene and Sandy and shelters as well.

Healthcare disaster management etc.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Absolutely!!!! Just getting started here, but yes please. Would like to speak with you

I have firefighter/emt/and basic law enforcement training with some minor security experience as well. I may be able to help supplying a physical location to do these outreaches in(located in the northern half of gloucester county). I can also help with development of programs/presentations.

Every body who is responding. Please think about how we can make this into a useful seminar that we would want to present to our brethren. And possibly a community outreach program.

I admit, I dont have these expertise. But what I have is a Life experience that says to me, I would like to know more, and i think it would be a valuable contribution. So please, keep responding, and I am very open to ideas on how we can make this a successful program.

The biggest thing is making sure you have a safe approach to any situation.

I've pulled up on car accidents where there were downed wires and good Samaritans with no clue they were inches from possible death.

The more people know about how to keep themselves safe, while helping however possible the better. Just like with sandy, people were truth to help without the training and ended up becomes victims.

So are you looking for an all in one seminar to cover basic first aid, Responding to incidents/events, basic firefighting, emergency prep, home security? OR multiple seminars for each topic because you could do it either way since each topic can be discussed for at least a 1.5/2 hr period to cover the basics. Or maybe an 8 hr saturday session of some sort to cover multiple topics?

The biggest thing is making sure you have a safe approach to any situation.

I've pulled up on car accidents where there were downed wires and good Samaritans with no clue they were inches from possible death.

The more people know about how to keep themselves safe, while helping however possible the better. Just like with sandy, people were truth to help without the training and ended up becomes victims.

Yes, very good point about situational awareness...

So are you looking for an all in one seminar to cover basic first aid, Responding to incidents/events, basic firefighting, emergency prep, home security? OR multiple seminars for each topic because you could do it either way since each topic can be discussed for at least a 1.5/2 hr period to cover the basics. Or maybe an 8 hr saturday session of some sort to cover multiple topics?

I would rather try to do a series of multiple seminars on a revolving basis. Doing an 8 hour coarse would not be wise in my opinion.