Sign in to follow this  
jgofnj

SCFGPA Bridgewater membership update

What happenned to the EPA situation. I tought they d need some money to change the air conditioning system?

That is underway and fully in the works. They are waiting on some information back from the electric company, I forget exactly what it was. The bids will be coming out soon. In regards to the membership. Because they raised the dues significantly, they were going to entertain the idea of letting new members in if they did not meet their renewal goals, which I think was somewhere around 740 to 750 members (plus/minus 20). As it turned out the deadline was April 1st and we exceeded the number of renewals (or came very close, not exactly sure). So since there is no shortage, there is no monetary reason to bring on new members. Since membership is for the year, they decided there is no need to consider new memberships until the next cycle.

That is underway and fully in the works. They are waiting on some information back from the electric company, I forget exactly what it was. The bids will be coming out soon. In regards to the membership. Because they raised the dues significantly, they were going to entertain the idea of letting new members in if they did not meet their renewal goals, which I think was somewhere around 740 to 750 members (plus/minus 20). As it turned out the deadline was April 1st and we exceeded the number of renewals (or came very close, not exactly sure). So since there is no shortage, there is no monetary reason to bring on new members. Since membership is for the year, they decided there is no need to consider new memberships until the next cycle.

Thanks for the information. I guess i ll have to wait untill the next cycle if membership opens up.

I am 5 min driving from thisrange and i pass by 2 times a day.

"So since there is no shortage, there is no monetary reason to bring on new members." Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's FREE money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I hear things like this I now know why I don't go to any of the meetings.

Smart move to not let any new members in. It's not a large range and who wants to deal with crowds and waiting to shoot? The club is perfect just as it is (membership roster-wise). It's not always about the money... Keeping the place enjoyable is more important than making more money. As long as they make enough to keep the accounting in the black, they're good to go. The club board should be commended for that.

Smart move to not let any new members in. It's not a large range and who wants to deal with crowds and waiting to shoot? The club is perfect just as it is (membership roster-wise). It's not always about the money... Keeping the place enjoyable is more important than making more money. As long as they make enough to keep the accounting in the black, they're good to go. The club board should be commended for that.

I couldn't agree more.

"So since there is no shortage, there is no monetary reason to bring on new members." Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's FREE money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I hear things like this I now know why I don't go to any of the meetings.

Just posting the fact you idiot, why are you calling me stupid?

That's GREAT, thanks SCFGPA.

Damn it, I guess I have to keep driving 60 miles each way to EFGA 2-3 times a month. I need to get a bus pass

Anytime you wanna guest me in I'm halfway between you and there I think ill drive the rest of the way and we can be topless(and take our shirts off)

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Just posting the fact you idiot, why are you calling me stupid?

I didn't call you stupid. I called the decision to not let any new members in stupid. Sorry if you read it wrong. There are never any crowds in the range.

Everybody that is a member at this club always, I mean always told me that nobody is ever there. Last week wen I was guested in, nobody was there at all.(well one guy showed up and checked inside the rifle range and then left.

I'm sure they can accept atleast 50 new members with no problems.

50x200= $10,000 come on, who couldn't use that cash?

It depends on what time of day you go and also which day. I've been there on days where there was nobody there and had the whole range to myself and then I've been there on days where it was pretty packed and I didn't want to deal with waiting and left.