Wage

Another 10/22 Post

I will be purchasing the Carbine synthetic/stainless next week. So far I've come up with a list of mods i'd like some input on.

Sling-Uncle Mikes Swing Swivel Studs and Swivel set (is it model specific on Midway?)

Valquertsen Exact Edge Extractor

Valquertsen Auto Bolt Release

When it comes to sights Tech-Sights TSR100

I haven't decided if i want to run the tech sights or get a scope. Pros and cons of each?

Which type of scope is recommended?

Anything i'm missing? Do they usually come with a bag/case?

I think 10/22s come in a box, so you'll want to get a bag or case.

I wouldn't try to make all the decisions at once. After you shoot it a while, you are going to feel out what's missing.

- First I hated the factory sights. I was punching holes in paper, and it was shooting accurate further than I can make out the holes, so I put on an inexpensive rimfire scope. I keep A2 sights on my SW MP 15-22.

- Then I did the trigger. VQ.

- Then I did the stock. Evolution from Boyd's.

- Then I did the bolt buffer. Quieted the firearm a bit, hitting the polyurethane.

- Then I did the barrel. Kidd's. In hindsight that was a little over-the-top. But learning to swap barrel from a receiver was a good experience.

I never did the extractor: I threw blazers, golden bullets, federal, everything at it, and it never really stove piped or FTE.

I think the pistol (Ruger Mk 3) is the same extractor.

I had problems on that one, and replaced it.

So I think it really varies: you could get a good extractor or a poor one.

But like Skuft said, no point replacing it until you know.

Ok so i've narrowed down my upgrades a bit.

Green Mountain .920 barrel in stainless 18 inch. Can't decide between fluted or not, is there a difference other than looks?

Hogue stock or Revolution Explorer stock. Any hands on input?

Ok so i've narrowed down my upgrades a bit.

Green Mountain .920 barrel in stainless 18 inch. Can't decide between fluted or not, is there a difference other than looks?

Hogue stock or Revolution Explorer stock. Any hands on input?

Fluted should be lighter.

Well short of finding a stainless 10/22 i have everything on order, hogue stock and 18 inch .920 stainless barrel. Looking for advice on a scope. It doesn't need to be anything too fancy but at least 3x would be a plus. Any suggestions?

Finally finished my build

post-5503-0-41428200-1367428963_thumb.jpg

Green Mountain .920 Barrel

Hogue Stock

Weaver Rings

Simmons 3-9x32 Scope

Valquartsen Exact Edge Extractor

Valquartsen Auto Bolt Release

Is there much of a market for a brand new Ruger composite stock and stainless barrel with compensator?

Very nice!

I just started looking for extra mags for my 10-22T...and even they seem to have evaporated!

Anyone have leads on local or mailorder sources? I'm just looking for plain vanilla 10 round factory-style 10-22 mags.

Check out rimfire central. Start with a "Que'd" bolt and either a brimstone or swamp fox trigger, the cheapest upgrade for the trigger. They'll be returned with the auto bolt release mod already done. Shoot them like that and see what you think. I make custom stocks for mine out of the factory stock, cutting it, filing it, and refinishing them to fit me. You can do it yourself in no time at all. Add some sling studs when you're refinishing the stock and you'll have one heck of a gun.

Magazines? Try dicks. They seem to have them, especially the one in the Hamilton mall down south.

The trigger! Just spend $50 to get it reworked. While its at swamp fox's shop that'll give you 2 weeks to rework the bolt yourself. Your trigger will come back with a new fox lot buffer. Use it an you'll be amazed at the difference those 3 things make.