raz-0

CJ USPSA 4-14 PRE-REG REQUIRED

Great day..My second match...

Please don't tke this wrong, I am very gratfull for the fantastic job the coordinators do...

Just wondering, to speed things up a bit...."enforcing" a shorter time for the walk-troughs as a team moves to ech new stage...Sometimes it seems maybee up to 15 mins to get started at each stage...Even cutting it down 5 mins, saves almost a 1/2 hour overall for the day....I know there is a big gamming element to uspsa, but "in real life" never get to "walk" a stage so much if SHTF...

Just a thought....Again, can't say enough about what you guys go through to pull these matches off!

So part one is this is a game, not real life preparation, not ninja training, etc. Yes, it may have practical applications, but if that is what you are after there are probably better ways to achieve that. If you chose to think of it as tactical training, then analyzing every single angle, every single option explored, etc makes perfect sense. In "real life" when the top dogs plan a raid somewhere not only do they rehearse it to death, sometime they build mockup buildings of the place and think it over and try it again. But, yeah .. its a game so please don't mistake it for real life.

Part two is that I won't rush anyone as long as all the squads move at the same speed. When the weather is nice, people like to hang out, enjoy their day at their own pace, talk to friends etc. It rains often enough and it will shortly be hot as all heck so if people want to take a day slower I'm ok with that.

If a squad is particularly slower then everyone else and are creating a backup, I'll look at the squad, I'll ask them if they have a particular hold up, and try to move them along. We had such a squad this month, but they had 3 new shooters on that squad, so they had an excuse.

Keep in mind that Matt and I are always the last guys to leave the range, as we usually have another 30min of cleanup after everyone is finished, reorganizing the piled on trailers, parking everything, cleaning up all the water bottles, tape, and candy wrappers because lots of people don't seem know how to operate a garbage can. We didn't leave until after 5pm this month.

Nice runs Mike, very fast.

I designed stage 4 this month, with the intention with not having it " guided " too much. Glad to see everybody who shot it do it different from person to person. ( after some snafus during setup, thanks Maks and Dave for the help )

Nice runs Mike, very fast.

I designed stage 4 this month, with the intention with not having it " guided " too much. Glad to see everybody who shot it do it different from person to person. ( after some snafus during setup, thanks Maks and Dave for the help )

Thanks

Stage 4 was a good stage

So part one is this is a game, not real life preparation, not ninja training, etc. Yes, it may have practical applications, but if that is what you are after there are probably better ways to achieve that. If you chose to think of it as tactical training, then analyzing every single angle, every single option explored, etc makes perfect sense. In "real life" when the top dogs plan a raid somewhere not only do they rehearse it to death, sometime they build mockup buildings of the place and think it over and try it again. But, yeah .. its a game so please don't mistake it for real life.

Part two is that I won't rush anyone as long as all the squads move at the same speed. When the weather is nice, people like to hang out, enjoy their day at their own pace, talk to friends etc. It rains often enough and it will shortly be hot as all heck so if people want to take a day slower I'm ok with that.

If a squad is particularly slower then everyone else and are creating a backup, I'll look at the squad, I'll ask them if they have a particular hold up, and try to move them along. We had such a squad this month, but they had 3 new shooters on that squad, so they had an excuse.

Keep in mind that Matt and I are always the last guys to leave the range, as we usually have another 30min of cleanup after everyone is finished, reorganizing the piled on trailers, parking everything, cleaning up all the water bottles, tape, and candy wrappers because lots of people don't seem know how to operate a garbage can. We didn't leave until after 5pm this month.

Good points...And once more, I can't say enough about what you guys do.

As much as I love to pick on slow squads, this month we were the one. I think we were larger than others as well as that we had 3 new shooters, out of 5 total, had a few shoot throughs and a few reshoots.

Then, as we were the first squad on two stages, made adjustments to stages for a few potential safety issues which took a few more mins.

Alec, nice stage again. Frank... missed you bud.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

As much as I love to pick on slow squads, this month we were the one. I think we were larger than others as well as that we had 3 new shooters, out of 5 total, had a few shoot throughs

We had the other 2 new guys. Your squad was just very slow at turning around shooters

Hey, last two matches we wound up missing a timer. That means we are down two. This match the orange box went with it, so it might be buried. Everyone check your bags please.

Also, we recovered a number of forgotten items. If you lost something, ask.

One stage I had an enourmous amount of penalties - trying to figure out what I did so as I can learn...

How many -points do you get for hitting a white target?

How many -points do you get for 1 round miss?

Thanks,

A white target (no shoot) is a 10 point penalty. Plus a 10 point penalty for missing the target. Although if you hit just the edge of the no shoot you may not get the miss penalty, if you hit the brown target also

A single round miss is 10 point penalty