NJDrew1

Someone Shot PA Gun Range

LOL --..."Several gun club members sat in their cars in the club's parking lot awaiting its possible reopening." Talk about devotion to shooting. They were waiting for everything to be mopped up, and for the place to re-open.

Just because it's self inflicted doesn't mean it is a suicide. It could've been an accident. Sad and I'm sure the media agenda whores will be all over it.

Not really sure how a self inflicted fatal gunshot to the head can be anything but suicide-or really REALLY poor firearms safety. The range officers there are pretty much Johnny on the Spot with safety there.

That's messed up... but who the F sits around waiting for a shooting scene to be cleaned up so they can use the lanes? Seriously???

And I'm sure the article isn't slanted to say that everyone in the parking lot was actually informed that someone had been shot-for all they knew (until of course the coroner showed up) someone might have had a heart attack or something, and while concerned, figured the range would re-open after medical attention was given.

That is very upsetting :(

As for the people in the parking lot , have we learned nothing about lame reporting? It is totally possible they were on the line and a cease fire was called and they had to get out. Their firearms may still be in the port . Or they may have arrived and not known what happened yet. The media would love to spin it as the gun people only cared about getting to go inside and shoot.

That is very upsetting :(

As for the people in the parking lot , have we learned nothing about lame reporting? It is totally possible they were on the line and a cease fire was called and they had to get out. Their firearms may still be in the port . Or they may have arrived and not known what happened yet. The media would love to spin it as the gun people only cared about getting to go inside and shoot.

This is what I figured. They were waiting to be able to take their guns home after the investigation.

That's messed up... but who the F sits around waiting for a shooting scene to be cleaned up so they can use the lanes? Seriously???

The paper is assuming the people outside even knew what was going on inside, and I'm sure many who were hanging around were more interested in getting the gossip on what is going on inside. Waiting to use the lanes was probably the least on their mind, Gotta love the paper's twist on it.

Don't some ranges have a rule that goes something along the lines of "you may only rent a firearm if you are with a group of 2 or more"? Or did I just make that up...still not good news...

Target master does..although I think theirs is has to be renter +1...unless your a regular/member

According to a reliable source....the man who shot himself used a rental, and used hollow points, He fired two shots down range and then when no one else was in the room besides RO he shot himself, The RO was not looking at him @ the moment he did it. The range was clear of other patrons at the moment. He obviosly did not want others to be affected by his actions directly.

A very selfish act.

+1. Selfish if done at one's home in a private room... involving someone's business makes it even more so. Unfortunately, these type of events will make taking part in our hobby even more cumbersome and time consuming with added paperwork, questioning and suspicion. Clearly the guy was also a tool.